Cancelling our gym membership

Options
So my hubby and I are cancelling our gym membership for the summer. Trying to save money and switch up our routine. We both lift and we just got a heavy bag. I need some ideas for home gym kinda stuff. I like how on the Biggest Loser the have the heavy ropes and lift cinderblocks and stuff like that, anybody have any tips or advice for this?

Replies

• littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym is full of bodyweight exercises, if that helps.
  • Joanneea
    Options
    If you check out youtube there are some vids that use bodyweight for workouts. try searching bodyweight workout. there is also some free info - bodyweight torch metaboliuc workout with zero equipment - try google

Thanks littlebugdgie, I haven't seen that one
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the body weight exercises. Check YouTube for Turbulence Training bodyweight challenges, and also Nerd Fitness. LOADS of free workouts.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    So my hubby and I are cancelling our gym membership for the summer. Trying to save money and switch up our routine. We both lift and we just got a heavy bag. I need some ideas for home gym kinda stuff. I like how on the Biggest Loser the have the heavy ropes and lift cinderblocks and stuff like that, anybody have any tips or advice for this?

Tractor Tire and Sledge hammer... You can do several workouts with it.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Not at home, but check to see if there is a park near you with a fitness trail. Tricep dips on parallel bars will do something to you.

If you have room for a weight bench, check Craigslist or play it again sports. If you don't have room, consider heavy duty resistance tubing. I have a set where the strongest one is more then I can curl and I if I ever get strong enough for that one, I can hook all three levels onto the handles at the same time.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a total gym....they are running a 1.00 special on the website right now
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options

You can't go wrong with any beachbody programs. P90X needs minimal equipment. A few dumbbells and a pull-up bar. You can just google p90x transformations and the product speaks for itself.

Saw your from pittsburgh...I'm a steelers fan, so you can trust me :)