Scale won't move :(

Options
I've lost about 15 pounds since the 1st of January. The last week or so, the weight won't change. Getting discouraged.

Replies

• LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the up then back, I am just losing the same lbs over and over..my downfall is sweets....but look at what you have lost that is great!!!!!....It will kick back in again..the losing...be strong
  • Karen1962a
    Karen1962a Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi 15Lbs is great - your doing well I have been told if you loose it too fast it comes back so slow and stead has to be the way and its probably much healthier.
  • amda93
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. But try fluctuation your food intake. Meaning splurge one day and eat very little the next for about a week. The day you decide not to eat much drink lots of teas( ginger, cinnamon, garlic, green, etc).
    Worked for me.
    Goodluck and Congrats so far.
  • cjames61
    Options
    Heard about this before - have a nuaghtie day or two - might try it soon :0
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Take a week off.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Seriously...you're "discouraged" because you didn't lose for ONE WEEK...after losing 15 lbs in 7 or 8 weeks? :noway:

A week doesn't even qualify as a plateau.....I think you need to rethink your expectations if you're in this for the long haul...
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    I have recently cam out of a plateau you need to mix your diet up a bit as your body is getting too use to it. Either increase your intake for a coupld of days then carry on, or what i did was increased my calories by 100kcal, and increased my protein intake substainually and i am really starting to see the weight come off again.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    whatever u do............ DO NOT GIVE UP!!! i hit a plateu for 2 freakin months and i gained back 5 lbs of FAT that i surely thought would come off in a week or so...WRONG!!! DONT GIVE UP! it will only set u BACK!! EVEN if the scale is not moving, someting in ur body, given that ur exercising and eating right, is changing every day. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Seriously...you're "discouraged" because you didn't lose for ONE WEEK...after losing 15 lbs in 7 or 8 weeks? :noway:

A week doesn't even qualify as a plateau.....I think you need to rethink your expectations if you're in this for the long haul...

This. I have never lost 15 pounds in that short of a time. I would have been thrilled. Just keep going and the scale will move again.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have a noughty day and a naughty day once a week
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

While this definitely has some major tough love attached to it, I agree 100%. An average healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week and for those with less than 50 to lose, 1 pound per week is actually more realistic. OP, you've done a fantastic job with weight loss so far!! Be happy! Be proud!!

A plateau is more like a month. I'm not sure you need to mix things up just yet. Personally, I'd keep doing what you're doing and just give your body some time to catch up. Was there anything that changed this week? Maybe you ate more sodium than usual? Maybe you didn't get all your water in? Maybe you kicked it up a notch at the gym? Maybe it's that time of the month (TOM)?

There are so many things that can make the scale not move and it has absolutely nothing to do with your calorie intake. Be patient.

And again, be proud of what you've done so far! Turn that frown upside down! :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have been facing the same thing. I also have lost 15 lbs from 1/11-2/20. I was doing Taebo 60 mins 3-4 days a week. I was melting fat weekly up 3 to 4 lbs a week. I started JM's 30DS 5 days ago and my progress is very slow. I am working out 7 days a week for 30 mins a day now and the scale isn't showing all that I am doing! :( I have been discouraged from this. Just keep going and I believe you will start to see the scale number fall. Since I changed my workout plan to 30DS I have only lost 1.5lbs. I just keep going and #PushingPlay. Also check your calorie plan. Increase you workout.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

i would have been discourage a LONG time ago if i felt this way anytime the scale didn't move for a week. If you are going to be down due to the scale, you should seriously consider getting rid of it and sticking to measuring for your progress. inches lost is far better than pounds in my book anyways.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. It doesn't mean that changes aren't happening with your body. Don't depend on the scale to tell you that you are doing a good job.
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    whatever u do............ DO NOT GIVE UP!!! i hit a plateu for 2 freakin months and i gained back 5 lbs of FAT that i surely thought would come off in a week or so...WRONG!!! DONT GIVE UP! it will only set u BACK!! EVEN if the scale is not moving, someting in ur body, given that ur exercising and eating right, is changing every day. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 lbs is awesome - listen to everyone. Nuturner - sorry you're going thru that but selfishly (:-) it was welcome news for me that someone else goes thru LONG plateaus as well. Mine typically last 7-8 weeks. I'm in another one now so I'm changing my workouts & have started with a personal trainer. I've been on medifast for 50 weeks (they said it would take 16 weeks to lose all the weight I wanted to lose when I signed up & paid a bunch of money) & still am not at goal. Truth is I'm not a good fit for medifast 'cos I work out too much but I'm determined to get my $$ worth so stick with it. Thanks for sharing your frustrations 'cos it helped me know others are in the same boat.
  • Shana82
    Options
    I JUST went through this - as a matter of fact yesterday was the first time the scale went down in two plus weeks. I was hovering in a two pound range despite sticking to the same diet and actually increasing my exercise a little. I basically took a break this weekend (well, really Fri-Sun), didn't work out, rested, ate what I wanted but didn't binge. That seemed to work so far in getting the scale back moving again. We shall see how it balances out at the end of the week though.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? How much are you working out? Your diary is closed. Posting that you aren't losing here is like walking in to the Dr's office, saying your not feeling well, and then giving no other symptoms.

More information is needed. Not pats on the back or scolding are warranted at this point. If the OP is netting 850 calories a day, etc, all of these "it's okay!" comments wouldn't fit... would they?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

^^needs to be repeated!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

^Yup
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Shana getting the scale to move again - way to go!! I've just come back from a week vacation so maybe after my diet break I can get the scale moving again too. . .