Girls with six-pack - good or bad?

Options
Hey,

Right so basically the last week i have started getting really keen on doing more exercise and I am kinda tempted to get my body fat measured and work towards getting a six-pack, more to see if i can my body fat down enough and my strength up enough. BUT... girls with six-packs i admire due to knowing the effort and dedication, but do people view it as only something guys should have?

Just generally want to know what people think and also if anyone has a really good exercise plan to achieve this?

Thanks

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Fantastic in my book but you'll fine a good mix of likes and dislikes - simply personal preference. Neither opinion is wrong! Like what you like and go after that.

My other half trains her ab's a tiny bit but most it comes from compound lifts (squats, deadlifts and other heavy work) and MOST importantly a sorted diet.

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

If you have questions on diet, I'll be able to point you at what she does if you need any help.
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Workout to achieve the goals that make you happy, not other people...

But, yeah, it's hot.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yes, hot...

as far as exercise go I believe someone already said deadlifts, squats, bench press etc..

Just remember crunches and a ton of ab workouts are not going to get you a six pack it is all about getting your body fat% down to a certain range..for guys it is like 10% and for woman I believe it is around 14%....
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Right so basically the last week i have started getting really keen on doing more exercise and I am kinda tempted to get my body fat measured and work towards getting a six-pack, more to see if i can my body fat down enough and my strength up enough. BUT... girls with six-packs i admire due to knowing the effort and dedication, but do people view it as only something guys should have?

Just generally want to know what people think and also if anyone has a really good exercise plan to achieve this?

Thanks
    All human beings (male and female) have six packs, most are just covered in fat.

The day I start working out for others, is the day I quit going to the gym.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I think a girl with a six-pack is sexy, *kitten* long as it's a good IPA or porter. If it's cheap beer, I'll pass.

Really, it should depend on what you want and not what others think. Some guys like six-packs on women, some don't. And you don't need a six-pack to be healthy.
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Some are hot...some not. It´s not the first thing I look at :tongue:
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    Fantastic in my book but you'll fine a good mix of likes and dislikes - simply personal preference. Neither opinion is wrong! Like what you like and go after that.

My other half trains her ab's a tiny bit but most it comes from compound lifts (squats, deadlifts and other heavy work) and MOST importantly a sorted diet.

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

If you have questions on diet, I'll be able to point you at what she does if you need any help.

She is definately hot, in terms of diet i think i am ok. Am I right to say it basically comes down to making sure you have a lot of protein? I currently have a protein shake with greek yogurt for breakfast to help boost my protein levels.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...and periodically come back to drool over it...so that should tell you which side of things I fall on for this question.

DLB+MHP.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Thanks

oh good, we havent had one of these for at least 12 hours.....
  • Lbriggs82
    Options

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

I'd very much appreciate some tips on diet to get to this goal! :smile:
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    SUPER HOT! I just hope I find mine one day!
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care for them; but I think that's because I prefer women to be soft and curvy. The definitiion of the muscle would throw me off a bit. So flat tummy, yes, but no bulging six pack.

Just my .02
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

She is definately hot, in terms of diet i think i am ok. Am I right to say it basically comes down to making sure you have a lot of protein? I currently have a protein shake with greek yogurt for breakfast to help boost my protein levels.

It is overall diet. Yes she has high protein/fat days, 3 days out of 4 but it also involves getting the diet completely right. No guessing.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I thought diet is where abs are made and broken.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

I'd very much appreciate some tips on diet to get to this goal! :smile:

Drop me a message and I'll direct you to the methods Yo uses rather than take over the thread.

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

It is overall diet. Yes she has high protein/fat days, 3 days out of 4 but it also involves getting the diet completely right. No guessing.
    I thought diet is where abs are made and broken.

This^^ plus compound movements to give a little mass to them.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

I would love some tips on improving my abs.... like what program or how many reps of dead lifts, squats, etc and what weight would be enough to get the results...
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care for them; but I think that's because I prefer women to be soft and curvy. The definitiion of the muscle would throw me off a bit. So flat tummy, yes, but no bulging six pack.

:sad: Before I got here, I didn't know I had to pick ONE :cry: hold me.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    H I im 5'1 33% body fat. Is that bad and unhealthy?
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Looks like this:

yo170213v2.jpg

I would love some tips on improving my abs.... like what program or how many reps of dead lifts, squats, etc and what weight would be enough to get the results...

Drop me a message across and I'll drop you across Yo's routines, diet etc.