A post for me

Options
I am sort of making this post just for me, publically though, out of frusturation but expectations too. I feel as if for the past few years of my life, I have always had in my head that I need to "diet" and "exercise" and tomorrow's "THE day." And its so frusturating! I'll start and be good for about 2 weeks--and then something comes off and I slack off miserably. If only had I actually kept going---I know that I would have the body of my dreams by now! And that's the really frusturating part.

I'm a college student so I need to get the "diet" mentality out of my head. I know I can't try to starve myself (like sooo many of my friends) but rather make healthy choices and work out on a routine, normal schedule! So I have 2 months until summer, and I really need to make the push and simply go for it!! I don't know why I always hold myself back when I start noticing changes--maybe a mental barrier or something. I've been going this for the past 5 years it feels like. Then I gain what I lost and start over again.

Blah. Such a frusturating cycle. So tomorrow, February 26 will be my official new lease on health date! I want to keep moving forward even if I mess up for a few days. And really become the best me that I can be. 2 months, then summer, and I can begin my junior year being and feeling amazingly fit. There, now it's public! It's gonna happen!!!!

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yay" for you and making this official post"

Stick to it and in no time itll pay off. Good luck
  • mindyt23
    mindyt23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Sometimes the only thing stopping us is our own mental blocks! If you don't mind, thought I'd share some of my wisdoms that I use on my self :)
    Only takes two-three weeks for a routine to become a new habit:)
    Pre-plan meals and snacks to take with you out of the house (college)
    Try to sweat everyday, even if it's just 30 min!
    Give yourself some Grace! Everyday is a new day!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Can't take it back once its on t'internet! All the best with your weight loss journey. Keep logging on mfp, stick with a few well-chosen friends who will support you and offer advice and encouragement. It will help you keep accountable and motivated :)
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Now is the time! Woohoo!

I'll tell you something that I never knew was true til this year (these past 2 months)....If you log your food with dedication (even if it's say....4 of the 7 days of a week) - and keep at it....for an ENTIRE month - the next month you'll look @ food differently and you'll find it's a habit. It's true what they say - 28 days does make a habit stick! (give or take whatever that actual day # is lol)....
    I was down and out for Feb - had a disappointing weigh in - so although my log ins have been less frequently - the 1 month of steady logging had taught me a lot - and I'm looking forward to my March 1st weigh in.
    It's for life my friend - not for right now - great job! :)
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It really is about a lifestyle change. I agree with another post that said it takes 2-3 weeks to form a routine. I thought that I would never be able to drink water but after a couple weeks of making a conscious effort it has become a routine. The first thing I do in the morning is fill up my water bottle and then I refill it numerous times throughout the day. Now I'm the girl who drinks water, imagine that :)