Frozen Yogurt!

Options
antiadipose
antiadipose Posts: 447
i love CaliYogurt! if u dont have one in ur area im still pretty sure uve seen/had/heard of frozen yogurt.
its like ice cream but healthier and u can pretty much order anyyy toppings on it. from fruits to nuts, the choices are endless.

my question is.. if i put my yogurt in the freezer, will i get frozen yogurt???
because i keep googling recipes and they all require an ice cream machine =(

are ice cream at home that popular?!?!? idk any1 that has one lol

i think im gonna try to freeze my yogurt either way but if u know of a recipe, let me know!

this would be an amazing discovery for the summer =)

(im craving some right NOW!)

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    It will make more like a frozen yogurt pop... which can still be good... but it won't have the texture of frozen yogurt. The reason they require an ice cream maker is so the machine is constantly whipping air into the yogurt as it freezes, which gives it that scoopable texture.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can...however it usually turns flaky and is hard to scoop out of the container. I guess it you don't let it freeze all of the way, you could give it a shot and see if that works???
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The yoplait digestive health vanilla yogurt tastes just like frozen yogurt/ice cream but the key is to not freeze it completely, or if you do, then thaw it for 20 seconds in the microwave before eating. YUMMY!
  • gardenlili
    gardenlili Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I freeze Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousee Style. Because it is whipped, it is easier to eat frozen. It takes longer to eat when frozen so that is better especially if you tend to eat fast which is bad to begin with. Also, because it is whipped, you can usually have no trouble eating it after the first bite because it softens quickly.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    It will make more like a frozen yogurt pop... which can still be good... but it won't have the texture of frozen yogurt. The reason they require an ice cream maker is so the machine is constantly whipping air into the yogurt as it freezes, which gives it that scoopable texture.

In the summer I take individual servings of yogurt, put a popsicle stick in them, and freeze them. Soooo good.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

In the summer I take individual servings of yogurt, put a popsicle stick in them, and freeze them. Soooo good.

Oh my god, that's an awesome idea! I never even thought of that.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Like someone said earlier, you need an ice cream maker so it whips air into the yogurt so it's creamy.

I do like to take Yoplait Whips and freeze them. They are a little flaky at first, but then again, they aren't frozen solid.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    ok im soooo trying these ideas! thanks guys.

i stuck a Yoplait strawberry in now and ill check it tonight =]
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    try vanilla with chocolate sprinkles! They are lush when frozen and only 80 something cals! You tend to get something that is really flaky and hard to break or something that ends up like mousse but as long as its cold it could pass!! x
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I freeze Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousee Style. Because it is whipped, it is easier to eat frozen. It takes longer to eat when frozen so that is better especially if you tend to eat fast which is bad to begin with. Also, because it is whipped, you can usually have no trouble eating it after the first bite because it softens quickly.
    Heey...not a bad idea! I wonder if we can do the same with the new Jello Whips? I can't stand the mousee styles cause of all the air in it, but freezing it sounds like a great idea!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Pudding cups are REALLY good frozen too! I let them freeze all the way (I don't have time to monitor how long they have been in there!!) and then when I am really craving something cold, I take one out, grab a spoon and let it sit for like 10 minutes or so (I am usually painting or watching a movie or reading a book or talking with friends or something. I don't just stare at it LOL:)) DELICIOUS!!!! You can eat them right away but they are flakey. Either way it's a great little summer treat (oh and great for kids too!)