Insanity Day 1

Options
Just finished my first Insanity workout. I understand that I am going to hurt in a lot of places (and already do) but has anyone had a little lower back discomfort when starting out. More right above the butt. Any extra stretches to help with that area that I could be doing? It is not pain so I dont think I hurt anything.

Replies

• tlkrallman
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for just over 3 weeks. You are going to hurt in places you never knew you had. The more you do them, the less you will hurt. It took me about a week to get through the not being able to walk the next day phase. I found my lower back would hurt so bad it hurt to stand, and that's just because I have all that extra weight in my belly. Keep pushing and you will do fabulous! I absolutely love the program!
  • Hi! Congratulations on starting your journey! I have a really long torso and am prone to straining my lower back muscles when strength training. I always thought that I had maybe strained or twisted my back in a strange way while exercising or stretching. I'm not an expert in any physical field but I realized that actually - I was OVER stretching my back muscles and that was what was leading to the discomfort. A couple of exercises that have helped me strenghten my lower back and avoid the back discomfort are the following: (The "superman" one is a tiny bit uncomfortable cuz i have quite a belly to loose, but its really effective :))
    Hope these help and sorry if I'm off the mark with your question. good luck!!!: 1st one for strength, second for stretch :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/158862-superman-lower-back-exercise/

http://www.abc-of-fitness.com/back-stretch/spine-rotation.asp
  • lhogan50
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for just over 3 weeks. You are going to hurt in places you never knew you had. The more you do them, the less you will hurt. It took me about a week to get through the not being able to walk the next day phase. I found my lower back would hurt so bad it hurt to stand, and that's just because I have all that extra weight in my belly. Keep pushing and you will do fabulous! I absolutely love the program!

With you on the belly fat. I think that is one of the reasons why I have the pain which is even more incentive to keep getting after it on insanity.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 yesterday.
    Today I'm noticing a bit of discomfort around the balls of my feet, and my calves are a bit tight, but it's nothing that will stop me from diving in to Day 2.

I have a history of lower back pain after rough physical activity, and I do blame my paunch.
    But no sign of that pain yet - thankfully.