Bump
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Blueberries
    Walnuts
    Apples
    Grilled Chicken
    With a citrus dressing (or if you are lazy like me - just squeeze and orange over the apples and toss)

SO Delicious.

Here are a few other of my favorites:
    Chicken BLT Salad (grilled or poached works great) - I like making a BLT salad, with turkey bacon (just had it last night for dinner!). For the 'dressing' I take a small amount of mayo with olive oil, and whisk it with white vinegar, salt, pepper, and then add in chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. It makes the dressing more runny and has a tangy taste. Then crumble the bacon over the top.

Shrimp Cobb Salad - SO delicious! from SkinnyTaste.com
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If its my main meal:

chunks of leftover steak and a little bit of blue cheese crumbles
    chicken fajita strips and salsa
    black beans
    shredded rotisserie chicken
    salmon
    grilled shrimp and lime

My salad for today is spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumbers, mushrooms, red peppers, red onion, chopped pickles, slivered almonds, strawberries, rotisserie chicken and raspberry viniagrette.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Forgot: also use avocado slices from time to time as well as chickpeas. For a change I buy the shredded cole slaw mix with the different types of cabbage and mix it in with the spinach or baby greens mix. I also use the matchstick carrots in the mix.
  • Dalsch
    Dalsch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shrimp! Grilled or boiled. You can season them according to your likeing!
  • mareromeo
    Options
    I love to put just about anything in my salad, beans,shredded carrots, dried cranberries, nuts,sliced pickles, Turkey breast slices, eggs, roasted bell peppers, sliced apples, blueberries, coleslaw with low fat dressing, even sliced oranges can go in. Im getting hungry now!
  • Judyls6
    Judyls6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like adding cranraisins and almonds to salad ... (it helps add flavor to couscous and quinoa too).

Also I have a favorite salad at a restaurant I go to once in a great while which is lettuce greens, tomato, a sliced rare steak and blue cheese..

Fallen in love with Newmans Own Lite Dressing - Walnut and Raspberry Vinegarette
  • ludiball
    ludiball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, crab, salmon, avacado, kidney beans, chopped apple, cilantro.

Add black olives, doritos and ranch dressing and it tastes like a taco salad without the meat.
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Here's what I get at the salad bar at work:

greens, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, chick peas, chicken breast (or turkey deli meat, depending on my mood), celery, green/red peppers (depending on what is available), italian salad dressing, and I top it with craisins and banana chips. Sometimes I add a slice of cheese or some shredded cheese.

There are other things at the salad bar that I will also incorporate in, but that is my go-to.