10 Months of hardwork is paying off :)

Options
In October 2010 my youngest daughter was born, that same week I had emergency surgery.(appendicitis-it was so large I needed a centerline incision) I weighed 262 at that time and the extra weight caused my recovery time to be slow. I missed 3 months of work because my stomach would not heal correclty.
I was in the hospital for one week and could not see my newborn at all, shortly after that my 4 yr old had severe stoamch pains and was rushed to a childrens hospital where she remained for a week...she ended up having a bacteria that was hard to detect in her intestines...I was extremly depressed and wanted to die, my life was crumbling around me...I was missing work, my daughter was in the hospital and I never thought I was going to heal...I even called a priest to visit me at home to pray for my family, he forgot and never showed up!!! I just couldnt take the depression and started abusing the pain killers I was subscribed by my doctor, luckily my wife intervened and I stopped taking them before I got to far.

I eventually healed and when I did , I swore an oath to my family that I will not allow food to be my master and that I am in charge of my health and its only my responsiblitiy. So I started working out and eating right, I lost 10 lbs a month for 3 months and then the weight started to slowly come off.

I have completed P90X, insanity and Im currently doing Les Mills Combat. I have learned that life is not promised and that I should take advantage of each day and be the best father and husband that my family could ever ask for.

I work 12 hour shifts as an electrician so I get up @ 0400 every day to work out and stay committed to this healthy lifestyle, I will not allow excuses and poor nutrition be a factor in my families life.

I care about all of you and want each of you to be successful in reaching your goals- send me a friend request and we can keep eachother accountable on this journey. This profile represents my 10 month progress pics and I have lost about 55 lbs since I started this lifestyle. Dig deep and dont let anyone tell you you cant do it!!!

Replies

• adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud to have you as a support! You are inspirational and make me smile daily with all your kind supportive words. Thanks for changing your life for not only you... But it's something that drives us as well!!! Congrats on all your hard work!!!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Hugs. You Are Amazing :flowerforyou:
  • leastar128
    Options
    I am so proud of you! This story is an amazing inspiration. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it. Your family is VERY lucky to have you! :) GREAT work my friend.
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! And I am so proud to call you my friend! :)
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great story! I love your no excuses attitude.
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    Awesome story!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing and very inspiring. You should be very proud of yourself and how you've capitalized on those setbacks. Good for you. Keep it up!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sherman - You have done a fabulous job putting yourself on healthy lifestyle. This is good for you and your family. We are so proud and inspired by you. Thank you for sharing.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You're a constant inspiration and a huge support to those around you. You're family is lucky to have you and we're lucky for your strength to share.
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm so very proud of you! Never stop because of an upset! You are amazing!
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Your hard work is paying off and you are an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the good work.
  • emilyjoanna
    emilyjoanna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!! Incredible!!!!!!! You look like a whole new person!!!!!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress :)
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! very inspiring!

Keep up the good work,
    Diana
  • lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love your story, you look terrific!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This is such a touching story. Life can really throw a bunch of punches at you all at once, but only the strong persist and survive. You have proven you are one of the strong people in this world that will not allow yourself to lay down and die. Instead, you are taking full advantage of the beautiful life you've been given.

By the way, your pictures are incredible.
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Way to overcome your fears and depression, making something bad into something good!!! You look great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!