Rules of loading the dishwasher.

Options

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm really anal about how the dishwasher is loaded. I'll unload everything if I see everything is loaded haphazardly. And then I find the person that committed such a distasteful crime and snip off their toes one by one...
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    :huh:

You must have a lot of extra time on your hands to ponder the rules of loading dishes into the dishwasher.

Read a book.

Hey this is a serious matter!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I just put a load in my dishwasher last night.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Pelican-TShirts.jpg
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I just rinse the dishes and leave them because I cannot stand to watch him reload when I am done. Then, an hour later he will have a snack, take that plate over to the dishwasher and rearrange it all again, trying to achieve maximum capacity to exposure ratios. I usually go to bed at that point.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hell I'd be happy just to see dishes make it TO the dishwasher.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I am the only one that can load my dishwasher. It drives me crazy if someone else does it wrong (read:not my way).

tetris-2012.jpeg
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Exactly! My way is the right way and my husbands way is so the wrong way! I want to cry every time I open the dishwasher to discover he has loaded it. I appreciate that he was thoughtful enough to do it so I always have to bite my tongue so I don't say something mean, but there's so much wasted space!!

LMAO, we married the same man. I even took a picture a few months ago of his way of loading it(which looked full) and then me reloading it and showing that it was 1/3 full and posted it to facebook.

Do not get me started on the dirty cups, plates and utensils he leaves on the counter ON TOP of the dishwasher that could have just as easily been put in there. I mean really, you have to leave your peanutbutter knife on the counter when the dishwasher is not only right there, it is open and the rack pulled out?
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options

Still laughing at this.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    So I'm teaching my 12 year old how to do it correctly, and she's not getting it. She just doesn't get the art. Deep sigh.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Forks and spoons up, knives down!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Pelican-TShirts.jpg

Pffffffffft!!! I can't believe I didn't catch that!
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I am the only one that can load my dishwasher. It drives me crazy if someone else does it wrong (read:not my way).

tetris-2012.jpeg

Exactly!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My husband loads it the right way, so he does it. If I do it, there will only be about 7 dishes getting washed because that's all I can fit....
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Still laughing at this.

Bahahahaha
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I am just happy if anyone other than me does it - no complaints at my house!

This! How nice it must be if that's your main worry in life! Lol.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My wife has a great dishwasher. I thing the brand name is BigD..."rules for loading a dishwasher"...Bwahahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My husband loads the dishwasher differently than I do. He also makes the bed differently. He does lots of things differently. When he does them, it's done his way. When I do them, it's done my way. I don't bother to tell him his way is wrong just cause it's different, I just appreciate that he does his share. I know so many women who complain that their men don't help out around the house - but they are constantly telling them that they do everything wrong which quickly leads to them not doing things. Not very smart if you ask me.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There is no prize for overloading the dishwasher.
    You can always do another load or get another or bigger dishwasher or wash some dishes manually.

best
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    so, what's the right way?

Let the woman do it. :bigsmile:

^^THIS^^ Evidently I couldn't do it right. Now it's HER job! :ohwell:
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    haha yall would hate me! I would prefer to wash by hand, but when putting dishes in the dishwasher, anything goes at my house!! Except the spoons/silverware.. My husband always turns them downwards and then they are crusty and dirty :sick: