Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    so, what's the right way?

Let the woman do it. :bigsmile:

Don't make me come over there!

Wait until after supper tonight; the dishwasher will need to be loaded then. :laugh:
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband hands me a drink and calls it loading the dishwasher :laugh:
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The right way prevents interference of spray, nests bowls, and has like items in proximity. The right way includings removing food from the dishes before loading, so you aren't having all the dishes sprayed down with a disgusting stew of food particulate.

AMEN!!! :laugh:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do not know about a right or wrong way, but I have noticed that my Mom, Brother and me all load are dishwasher different....Sure my Brother's head spins when I go to his house and clean up his kitchen, but as long as the dishes are clean all is good!!
  • jamesleesmith
    jamesleesmith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just put a load in my dishwasher last night.

Classic....LOL
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mess up the dishes intentionally so that my wife won't ask me to do them in the future.

It's not too bad since our arrangement has always been that I cook and she cleans.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't like the way I do it, do it yourself.
  • bbubble5
    bbubble5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's funny usually my husband lectures me about how to load it lol
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just put a load in my dishwasher last night.

<giggle> :laugh:
  • grobekg
    grobekg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband loads the dishwasher differently than I do. He also makes the bed differently. He does lots of things differently. When he does them, it's done his way. When I do them, it's done my way. I don't bother to tell him his way is wrong just cause it's different, I just appreciate that he does his share. I know so many women who complain that their men don't help out around the house - but they are constantly telling them that they do everything wrong which quickly leads to them not doing things. Not very smart if you ask me.

You are a smart woman and your husband is a lucky guy.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mess up the dishes intentionally so that my wife won't ask me to do them in the future.

It's not too bad since our arrangement has always been that I cook and she cleans.

Bill Cosby has a whole skit on this. How smart men are to purposely screw things like this up so that the women will never let us do them again. :laugh:
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You may ask me to do something or you may tell me how to do something....Pick one!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    oh yes my BF could have written this post. apparently i'm always loading it wrong. that's why i let him do it :devil:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mines bloody broken down.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Rule for everything in our house -

You can either have it done your way, or you can have me do it for you.

You can't have both.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My husband loads the dishwasher differently than I do. He also makes the bed differently. He does lots of things differently. When he does them, it's done his way. When I do them, it's done my way. I don't bother to tell him his way is wrong just cause it's different, I just appreciate that he does his share. I know so many women who complain that their men don't help out around the house - but they are constantly telling them that they do everything wrong which quickly leads to them not doing things. Not very smart if you ask me.

Thanks for a voice of reason. If my wife and needled each other about our differences concerning housework, lawn care, decorum, etc., we would both drive each other nuts. Different isn't wrong. I'm just glad we both share the responsibilities in the house. I generally maintain the kitchen because I do the cooking...excuse me, "cheffing". I would rather spend time being thankful that two totally different people can fall in love and accept one another without undue criticism over dishwasher neurosis and other small issues. It works both ways and we are love partners sharing the "R" word..since the 70's.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Growing up I always would reload the dishwasher after my family loaded it incorrectly. I'm married now, and when my wife finally asked "what makes you think that your way is the right way?" I said "because I read the manual." Yes, I read the manual to the dishwasher.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is. I've been working on my ocd, and am just grateful that occasionally, someone other than me will actually do it in the first place...however, I have been known to rearrange the whole thing if it's "wrong" and I see it before it runs.

*unlike toilet paper, which my ocd compels me to change to "over the top" if it's wrong and physically possible to change...I just can't seem to get past that one...I have issues :tongue: *
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

But loading the dishwasher incorrectly will result in dishes not getting clean. So I chose potentially less clean dishes over constantly nagging my wife over the dishwasher.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I agree. My husband used to put the glasses on the bottom.... Moron.