My first NSV and the first time I realized I've changed

Options
I have been losing weight at a pretty good pace and I always tell myself I'm starting to look and feel different but I never really believe it. Last night I went to the movies with my brother in-law and for the first time that I can remember I could sit in the theater seat comfortably without having to lift one of the arm rests. No only did I fit but I had room to spare! It really helped me realize that losing weight really is making a difference in my life. Kind of neat.

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's terrific!
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    That's a great NSV. I had a similar experience with an airplane seat on a long flight.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feels so good doesnt it? Better than any number on a scale.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV! :-)
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Congrats! =)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Feels so good doesnt it? Better than any number on a scale.

Sure 199.9 would make me happier! He he...
  • ksouthards
    Options
    Today the movie theatre - tomorrow an airline seat! Congratulations.
  • NHoughton13
    Options
    Great NSV. Keep the positive attitude!!
  • thomasblastind
    thomasblastind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Being so uncomfortable on planes was one of the things that really motivated me to start this. I found myself passing up opportunities to visit family because I didn't want to fly.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Funny, but those little discoveries are one of the best parts! Congratulations!
  • thomasblastind
    thomasblastind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
  • mitsukai424
    mitsukai424 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV. Congrats to you! It's not always about numbers. :flowerforyou:
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment!! Congratulations on your success. I hope to have that feeling soon.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait until I can get on an airplane and not to have to ask for a seat belt extension!
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    I had the same experience on a flight recently. So nice not to take up every damned square inch of the seat and then a little more, and having to deal with people sighing and rolling their eyes when they saw me coming.

Congrats!
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Love the screen name BTW
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    great great job!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    Things like that are WAY more important than the scale. Good for you! Get ready for more! :O)
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That must have felt wonderful!! Congratulations!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight at a pretty good pace and I always tell myself I'm starting to look and feel different but I never really believe it. Last night I went to the movies with my brother in-law and for the first time that I can remember I could sit in the theater seat comfortably without having to lift one of the arm rests. No only did I fit but I had room to spare! It really helped me realize that losing weight really is making a difference in my life. Kind of neat.

This is great! I really hope that you continue with our journey. You're well on your way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!