Calorie burning tips and ideas

Options
I am a peron who is always on the go however I drive everywhere because my designations are far apart from each other. Besides running on a treadmill is there any activities that I can do in my daily life that doesn't require a work out machine or going to the gym?

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Burpees!!!!! Also jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, squats, any body weight exercise.

I challenge you to 25 burpees twice daily.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, tennis, playing fetch with your dog, walking, swimming, baseball, stair climbing, hiking, skating....

You don't need to spend hours and hours and hours doing this stuff unless you enjoy it though. A few hours a week is plenty. Calorie intake is critical - you can't outrun calorie intake.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Running, hiking, swimming, dancing... they don't require any special gear. Neither do body weight exercises. Cycling only requires a bike.

There are oodles of DVDs that require little to no gear as well.
  • DD0pe
    DD0pe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How will I no how many calories I burned to log in? Or would I just estimate it ?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How will I no how many calories I burned to log in? Or would I just estimate it ?

The MFP "exercise" section has entries for all these things. Search for "cycling" and choose the appropriate entry, then put in how many minutes you did the activity.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Everything is an estimate, regardless of where the number comes from (HRM, treadmill, MFP, etc) so it doesn't matter all that much. In time you'll get a feel for which numbers are more accurate for you, but there's no way to know that at the beginning.
  • addictedtoglitter
    addictedtoglitter Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mountain climbers, squats and lunges are good at home exercises to try as well.
  • carrieanneutting
    Options
    25 burpees twice a day....I love this! I am going to do this!!!
  • DD0pe
    Options
    How many reps are you doing?? I'm starting off with 12
  • DD0pe
    Options
    25 burpees twice a day....I love this! I am going to do this!!!

How many reps are you doing ??
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Tough Mudder Boot Camp workouts? Start with the Mudderling; you can print them out (there are three beginner, intermediate, and advanced):

http://toughmudder.com/tough-mudder-boot-camp-training/

Except for the pull up exercise none requires equipment, you can do an alternative or skip it.
  • jhunny31
    Options
    Mountain Climbers and the infamous burpee's as what was mentioned above. Those are high calorie boost workouts and you can always jump after each burpee is done just for that extra calorie blast.
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Workout DVDs at home are good. Gohastings.com has plenty of cheap used workout DVDs. Something you could check out
  • jbhmac
    jbhmac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try fitnessblender.com. I have been addicted to their workouts for a couple of months now. Their HITT workouts are killer!