Newbie Intro

Options
hunnyspice
hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
Hi all, I'm Sheila...
I've decided to start my healthy lifestyle, but that starts next week. That's when I'll be able to go grocery shopping. I still live with my parents and there seems to be no healthy food in this house. LOL. Maybe once they see the progress I'm sure to be making they'll change their habits.
I started charting my foods now so I'll get used to it and not forget. Gonna try to eat smaller meals and snacks instead of my usual one meal and lots of snacks. Starting an exercise routine.
I'm slightly scared, but I see what an unhealthy lifestyle has done to most of my family members and I will not be deterred. :happy:

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a great support system and a wonderful tool. You are starting on a journey to a new and healthier you.:flowerforyou:
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're going to love it. You'll find lots of great advice and lots of wonderful people for support. Just log everything faithfully, eat healthy, drink lots of water and try to exercise some. You'll see!! You can do it!!
    Lots of luck with your fitness goals!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It really is hard when you're not the one doing the shopping. I lived with an ex who only wanted to eat junk. Very sabotaging. Hang in there and do your best! :happy:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Eating smaller meals and snacks and exercise is what works for me. Sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck! :flowerforyou: