i gained but i thought i was doing it right?

Options
ive been sticking to my calories and fats, ive been doing insanity.i got on the scale and ive gained 1.5lbs after losing for the past two months... in total ive lost 150lbs since 2010 but now this... i am 199 lbs(as of today) and 5'7'' i do have alot of extra skin and fatty skin (that hangs on my stomach area) that i was trying to lose another 30lbs before getting removed... i dont know if this is making it hard to lose though... any advice would be helpful, im really sad today!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have heard a lot of people dont lose scale weight doing insanity, but will lose inches, in th eway of body fat. do you measure? are your clothes looser?
  • onceuponariot
    onceuponariot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Other forum topics about Insanity mention making sure to eat the amount of calories suggested by Insanity, which will net you at a deficit. As an example, if you want to have a net of 1200 calories to lose 2 lbs per week, you have to eat more than that, because doing Insanity workouts burn calories. Check to make sure the Insanity goals are what you are actually eating.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time you have seen the scale go up? That is *amazing* given your overall weight loss! Most of us suffer hormonal fluctuations, sodium fluctuations, irregularity fluctuations....

Just keep up the good work and remember the important thing is the overall trend!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time you have seen the scale go up? That is *amazing* given your overall weight loss! Most of us suffer hormonal fluctuations, sodium fluctuations, irregularity fluctuations....

Just keep up the good work and remember the important thing is the overall trend!

This
  • NancyCHH
    NancyCHH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Two things jumped out at me from your post. You've lost 150 pounds!!! Wow wow wow!!!
    AND you're under 200 pounds!! I haven't been under 200 for over 30 yrs. Focus on your AMAZING achievement. Sometimes I feel as if I'm never going to make my goal - it seems to take so long (I've lost 45 pounds with 78 to go.) Maybe mentally review or write write down where you were 150 pounds ago versus now. And again, WOW, wow, wow!
  • jennapflumm
    Options
    thanks ya'll, no ill have to compair what i am doing with the insanity work out neutrition guide.. it was working doing what i was doing so i didnt really look at that guide... its kind of the mental thing where i was making sure to eat the 1200 a day but didnt want to eat to many because in the weight loss mind the more u eat the more u weigh... i dont know... yea it is the first time other then when i just had my son (hes 9weeks old now) but ive been losing consistantly since. i dont know.. its jut discuraging, doesnt make me want to quit but surely makes me mad and wishing i had a bag to punch (and subsiquintly burn calories on) right now!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would strongly suggest taking the following measurements every two weeks

Left bicep
    Right bicep
    belly at navel
    Hips
    both thighs.

Sometimes your weight doesn't change but you are losing fat. It helps you stay focused on the right thing (being healthy) instead of the wrong thing (the scale)

Good luck and great, great job so far.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    thanks ya'll, no ill have to compair what i am doing with the insanity work out neutrition guide.. it was working doing what i was doing so i didnt really look at that guide... its kind of the mental thing where i was making sure to eat the 1200 a day but didnt want to eat to many because in the weight loss mind the more u eat the more u weigh... i dont know... yea it is the first time other then when i just had my son (hes 9weeks old now) but ive been losing consistantly since. i dont know.. its jut discuraging, doesnt make me want to quit but surely makes me mad and wishing i had a bag to punch (and subsiquintly burn calories on) right now!

Yeah, it's called insanity for a reason - you're doing and insane amount of work. You need to be eating to fuel your body, and 1200 definitely is not going to be enough with all of that working. I know it's hard to change the mind set, but at the very least, you need to be eating back all of your exercise calories.