body for life challenge

Options
Has anyone every done or tried the body for life challenge?

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yup! I did it in 2000. I'm basically following his food list now and I use the cookbook! Great recipes!
  • estett
    estett Posts: 6
    Options
    how did it go?!?
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    I had a rockin' body! he he
    (didn't think so then, but now I look back at pictures 10 yrs and 2 kids later and wonder what I was thinking!). I was down to 15% body fat and 118 lbs.

That's basically the plan I follow now. I stick to his food list (I've added things like quinoa and I don't eat pasta because it prevents me from losing), I use a lot of his recipes, I drink protein shakes, weight train, do cardio and eat every 2-3 hours. I'm back down to 123 lbs and I'm at 17.9% body fat at 5'6". So, I'd say it works! Give it a try! It seems strict at first but really, it easily becomes a routine and you can adapt it to meet your schedule.
  • estett
    Options
    Awesome job! :) Did you or have you used and of the eas products? or what do you recommend??
  • estett
    Options
    Awesome job! :) Did you or have you used and of the eas products? or what do you recommend??
  • nigelballer
    nigelballer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am on week 4 of Body for life and its going great. I did it twice in 2003 and went from 238 pounds to 210.

I have now taken up triathlon and that has made me lose 14 pounds over 12 months but I need to lose more.

I am following the BFL plan plus extra cardio, using Myoplex light shakes and bars plus betagen.

Give it a go it worked for me before and now I intend to finish the job. Let me know how you get on
  • bonniejpreston
    Options
    I have just started BFL myself - did it the first time in 2000 and have never stopped using the eating plan. It is a fabulous plan and works well if you just do the work. Simple, but not easy. I am tracking my progress here in my blog.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm starting B4L again on Monday. I started a few months ago but had to abandon it because if surgery. I'm looking forward to it. I like that it's regimented and easy to follow.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love Bill Phillips! My husband and I have attempted BFL several times. We never follow through with the workouts because we are lazy. The food plan is awesome. I highly reccommend his cookbook Eating For Life.

He has a new program out now called Transformation. There is a book and an awesome website. Transformation focuses on your whole being, not just your body. Bill Phillips is a very spiritual person. I got to hear him speak last year, and he was so inspirational. Transformation is 18 weeks and there are "assignments" that are both physcial and mental/emotional.

Also, he is no longer associated with the actual BFL competions/EAS. He sold his part in the company when he felt like they were "degrading" the products with so many chemicals. He has a new line of shakes (and maybe bars too, I'm not sure) that are all natural. I've never had them, but I know other people who love them.
  • lvfunandfit
    Options

Yes... I like the EAS products although I don't eat the protein bars (most have peanuts or peanut powder and I'm allergic). I eat all natural Trio bars (3 nuts, 3 seeds, 3 fruits) for my snacks.

I'm currently drinking muscle milk shakes (practically the same break down of protein, sugar, cals)
  • superxfan
    superxfan Posts: 6
    Options
    About 7 years ago, my husband and I followed the BFL guidelines for eating in order to trim up a little. We did not use any of the supplements. We both did our own routines of weight training and cardio also. We both lost about 15 lbs. and actually had to "loosen" the guidelines after about 3-4 months! We still use the guidelines of BFL for our daily eating but we usually eat what we want on the weekends. It's really easy to follow and I would highly recommend it!