Staying within recommended diet, but no weight loss?

Options
Staying within recommended diet, but no weight loss? Anyone else have the same problem.

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No.

You should open your food diary so people can be constructive but a few things to consider.

Are you being 100% honest with your logging?

Are you weighing and measuring everything or guessing?

Are you finding the correct entries in the database/ adding your own recipes or going by generic ones for things like (for example) 'home made lasagne'?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    No, and your post is pretty vague. I think you're going to need to add more info for people to be able to offer helpful suggestions. Open your diary, say how many calories you're eating, what you're doing for exercise, how long you've been trying to lose without any success, etc.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ?? Something must be off---calories and fats are paramount to me and good nutritious food choices. I measured "everything" for the first few weeks until I got a handle on my portions. I lost weight every week even when I wasn't doing any additional exercise. I'm sure you'll figure it out---good luck. :smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • pdphelps138
    pdphelps138 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem...while yesterday was my first day with "myfitnesspal", I had been using another similar site with no success. My doctor suggested I try myfitnesspal. I am not sure why I am having such a hard time just losing a pound. I was informed that, with age comes harder, longer and more exercise, along with less food. I have never had a problem with controlling my food intake or eating healthy...back in the day that was all it took for me to drop a 10 pounds before that big event - no exercise. NOW! exercising 4 days a week and eating healthy/less is not doing any thing for me at all. Is there anyone else going through this now or had gone through this? If you are out there...I need your help. ~pdphelp
  • RABlack921
    Options
    The one problem with ths diet app is that it doesn't focus enough on WHAT you eat. It is important to cut calories, yes. But it is also very important to reduce your sugar intake. Eat more fiber, and if you are exercising, make sure you are eating enough protein. Drink more water. Remember that you are going to have muscle weight and water weight if you are exercising. There are plateaus too. I actually plan to use this food diary to take to a nutritionist and that may be something you want to consider - make the food you are eating work for you.. Read some articles on the internet about supefoods that speed up your metabolism, and try them while staying within the nutritional goals that you are given here. It couldn't hurt.:happy:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    If all you're doing is staying within your calories... that won't do much as far as weight loss.
    What type of lifestyle do you have? Are you active or sedentary?
    You need to MOVE your body--exercise. Even if it's just walking a few minutes a day.
    They have some good workout videos on youtube.
    Leslie Sansone (maker of the Walk at Home Series) has a couple sample videos available online as well.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    The one problem with ths diet app is that it doesn't focus enough on WHAT you eat. It is important to cut calories, yes. But it is also very important to reduce your sugar intake. Eat more fiber, and if you are exercising, make sure you are eating enough protein. Drink more water.

You can track all of the above here. On your food page, go to Settings, and use the drop down menus to select whatever you want to track. Carbs/Fat/Protein is the default. You can add two more, or change one. Maybe you are on a high protein diet, so you know you are getting plenty, but you want to track Carbs/Fat/Sugar/Fiber/Salt. You can do that here.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If all you're doing is staying within your calories... that won't do much as far as weight loss.

Yes it will. calories are all that matter for weight (not health), Twinkie diet blah blah blah....
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Kind of general for me, what is it that you are eating?Drinking?How often are you working out?What kind of workouts are you doing?