Need ideas...

Options
I want to cook something tonight. (yes, I did say cook). Nothing too difficult please because, well, I'm a simple man lol. But does anyone have any good suggestions? I was kind of thinking some sort of pasta sounds good. Something of course that is LOW CAL.. :bigsmile:

I have been grilling out a lot and just feel like doing something different...

Ty

Replies

• ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    I want to cook something tonight. (yes, I did say cook). Nothing too difficult please because, well, I'm a simple man lol. But does anyone have any good suggestions? I was kind of thinking some sort of pasta sounds good. Something of course that is LOW CAL.. :bigsmile:

I have been grilling out a lot and just feel like doing something different...

Ty
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    Check out the site www.cookinglite.com and click on what's for dinner tonight - you can also search by topic (like pasta) yesterday's recipee was for a tortellini salad that was really good.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1036181
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken fettucine tonight w/ a nice salad. I just use Ragu light parmesan alfredo sauce w/ whole grain fettucine. Super easy,good, and light (as long as you don't eat too much.) It's even easier if you use canned chicken.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I cooked this Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad for dinner last night

http://kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=53126

I substitutted some things to bring the calorie count down...like wheat penne, light italian, and use less feta cheese. It was still really really good.
    Happy cooking!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I bumped the mini chicken pot pies under recipes - they are really easy & awesome.

If you have a Trader Joe's in you're area....
    1 pkg Spinach & chive pasta - cooked & hot
    1 jar alfredo sauce - hot
    1 bag cooked shrimp (thawed & tails removed)
    Toss everything together - shrimp last - it's so easy & you'll feel like a gourmet chef :wink:
    (you can also sub in cooked chicken for the shrimp)
  • celeste15
    celeste15 Posts: 51
    Options
    I love pasta and next to pizza, it's one of my biggest downfalls but I started using the whole wheat pasta instead of the regular to cut down on the cals, I don't really taste much of a difference but I know some people that do. Then I just gotta have the meatballs with it, lol. I also like the Texas toast, they have one that is a "reduced fat" version, not too bad. Good luck with dinner! :)