Rules of loading the dishwasher.

Options
124»

Replies

• jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It drives me crazy when my husband "loads" the dishwasher. I like to group the silverware handles down so that it is easier to put everything away. I think I am a little OCD though!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Yes, there is. I've been working on my ocd, and am just grateful that occasionally, someone other than me will actually do it in the first place...however, I have been known to rearrange the whole thing if it's "wrong" and I see it before it runs.

*unlike toilet paper, which my ocd compels me to change to "over the top" if it's wrong and physically possible to change...I just can't seem to get past that one...I have issues :tongue: *

The right way to hang the TP is with it hanging at the back, that way my cats can't unwind the whole roll.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My daughter did an experiment and let her kids pile the dishes into the dishwasher any old way as long as the eating suface faced inward and/or downward. They piled the stuff in....It ALL got clean.

I took me 20 years to learn that if I wanted my husband to do household chores, I had to let him do it his own way. Mostly I had to leave the room, I couldn't watch. But in the end, the job was done and that was a good thing. Different is not wrong. A little wasted space in the dishwasher is no big deal. A couple of dishes that come out soiled....no big deal.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    There's a right way and a wrong way.

:grumble:

The right way is to let the picky ***** do it herself
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options

The right way is to let the picky ***** do it herself

tumblr_mi2y8vnlqv1rhkfito1_500.gif
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

You are absolutely right. My X would pile dishes so high the spray arm wouldn't turn. I would end up taking a lot out and washing them in the sink. Stupid woman...
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    so, what's the right way?

Let the woman do it. :bigsmile:

Don't make me come over there!

Are you going to do the dishes? :D
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

Not until he cleans my catbox in the nude like he promised. It's only fair.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    To respond to this honestly, I may upset my wife a little bit.

If I'm going to do something around the house, I'm going to do it how I feel it make sense to do it.
    If I'm wrong, show me a way that makes more logical sense. If it makes sense, it gets done that way. If not, I continue doing it the best way I know how.

If it's purely a personal preference, and it bothers you THAT much, then do it yourself.

example:
    My wife and I compromised on laundry. I wash and dry, she folds. That happens because I (wearing a uniform every day) will roll a uniform shirt, underwear, and socks into one so that's all I have to grab in the morning. It irritates her to no end. I open 3 drawers vs one, but she doesn't yell about it.

If your S.O. doesn't load the washer right, try using a logical explanation. "if you put a bowl on the bottom, it won't spray the rest of the dishes so they come out dirty". Try to be nice about it :D
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My dishwasher is my 10 year old son. I wish we had a real dishwasher.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mess up the dishes intentionally so that my wife won't ask me to do them in the future.

It's not too bad since our arrangement has always been that I cook and she cleans.

Bill Cosby has a whole skit on this. How smart men are to purposely screw things like this up so that the women will never let us do them again. :laugh:

Ahhh yes, but us women, we are smart as well..... funny how I just can't seem to operate power tools properly , or clean the pellet stove properly, or stack the trash out by the road correctly... or mow the lawn in straight lines...... funny how that happens.....
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Growing up I always would reload the dishwasher after my family loaded it incorrectly. I'm married now, and when my wife finally asked "what makes you think that your way is the right way?" I said "because I read the manual." Yes, I read the manual to the dishwasher.

^^You rock Sir! Carry on. :bigsmile:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mess up the dishes intentionally so that my wife won't ask me to do them in the future.

It's not too bad since our arrangement has always been that I cook and she cleans.

Bill Cosby has a whole skit on this. How smart men are to purposely screw things like this up so that the women will never let us do them again. :laugh:

Ahhh yes, but us women, we are smart as well..... funny how I just can't seem to operate power tools properly , or clean the pellet stove properly, or stack the trash out by the road correctly... or mow the lawn in straight lines...... funny how that happens.....

Argh, this sort of behavior - from anyone, spouses, work colleagues, my children - drives me up the wall. Who the hell has time for those games? Job needs doing, do it. Don't care who it is, and whether it's a man's job or a woman's job, if it needs doing, and you are available to do it, just freaking do it!
  • grobekg
    grobekg Posts: 12 Member
    Options

So now it's called a catbox??
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I can't get a load in the dishwasher...go figure.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

So now it's called a catbox??

what else? an indoor wonderland?
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I can't get a load in the dishwasher...go figure.

there are rules for this. read the manual.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple bad months spending all my rent money at the laundromat.

When will I learn?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I load and my boys take turns unloading. They have been doing this for years. When I asked my oldest (19) to load it he looked like a deer in the headlights.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I organize mine all neatly, and then I let my dog stand on it and lick them all clean.