Scale won't move :(

Options
2»

Replies

• tami2tami
    tami2tami Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try not to rely on the scale too much. Do you have access to a way to test your body composition? Perhaps take a Bod Pod test so that you know what you are losing in weight is not muscle. The scale can go up and down endlessly and you will never know what it is you are losing. One month after extensive workout challenge I was a part of, I lost 6 pounds of fat. But, it was converted to 6 pounds of muscle....so the scale never changed in weight. What a wake up call to me!! Crazy that a body can do that. Don't be discouraged. Just try to find out what your body composition is so that you are aware of what the weight equates to. It is a major motivating force when it comes to health, fitness and weight-loss.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Interesting that several peoples suggestion to overcome this weight loss stall is to be "naughty" without knowing anything at all about what the OP is currently eating or doing exercise wise... yeah, cuz that's gonna help.:huh: How about change up your diet a little and move more... as a recommendation... Dont just shrug it off and go eat a pizza. Seriously.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    One month after extensive workout challenge I was a part of, I lost 6 pounds of fat. But, it was converted to 6 pounds of muscle....so the scale never changed in weight. What a wake up call to me!! Crazy that a body can do that.
    no. fat does not turn into muscle.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Interesting that several peoples suggestion to overcome this weight loss stall is to be "naughty" without knowing anything at all about what the OP is currently eating or doing exercise wise... yeah, cuz that's gonna help.:huh: How about change up your diet a little and move more... as a recommendation... Dont just shrug it off and go eat a pizza. Seriously.
    I see people suggesting "eat more" almost every day on here....usually to people with closed diaries too.... Without further info, "a week or so" of not losing just isn't enough to suggest anything is even being done wrong by the OP....her body is probably just catching up and adjusting to the recent losses... Even on the Biggest Loser, people sometimes have a week with no loss....
  • Darlin8893
    Darlin8893 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Struggling here too... it goes up, then back down and I feel like it's the same couple of pounds... When I finally go down a pound, I get so excited it's ridiculous.

I need to find a way to change it up so that the loss is consistent and not yo-yoing.

Good Luck and stay strong.. No one said it was easy, you can do it!
  • Darlin8893
    Darlin8893 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that keeping track of my measurements makes a big difference. My body tends to lose for a few weeks then stay at 0 down on the scale but the measuring tape shows the difference! I prefer to see my clothes fit looser than the scale change anyway- its more apparent to everyone around you. Just stick with it and you will get there!!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Dont make the mistake of saying to yourself

"I want something soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad that Im willing to spend a little less than a month working on it."
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow I would like to know you're secret! That's a lot of weight loss in a short period of time.

Change up your diet and workout routines I say. I agree with alternating eating a lot of calories then a little bit of calories. They have a few meal plans to follow if you Google it.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont change it up! STICK TO SOMETHING LONG ENOUGH TO SEE RESULTS!!!! STOP CHANGING IT UP!