100 cals for an all-beef hot dog, really?

Options
Does that make sense? I got one from a stand, no idea what brand it was. It was one of those heavy-duty BBQ'd dogs, not the little guys that sit under a lamp all day.

mfp suggestions are coming up 100-200, but even 200 sounds low.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    wow if that's the case I'm changing to the hot dog diet.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yeah no kidding. It had to be 300, at least (just for the frank).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

well I AM being frank. if it's true I WILL change to the all hot dog diet. In earnest.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options

well I AM being frank. if it's true I WILL change to the all hot dog diet. In earnest.

Lol! Kept me full until the next meal.

Aside: I'm finding it difficult to talk about this food, portions etc. without edging towards inviting gross innuendo. I think we've both done well. Anyway, if the cal count turns out to be anywhere near right, not a bad idea, actually!

I'll just log it as 300, I think.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No idea on the frank, but I find that with a lot of take away meals in the database. I was looking for Laksa the other day and they were all 250-400 calories and I know for a fact that the noodles alone would be worth that, never mind the meat, tofu, curry paste and coconut milk
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hebrew National...their 97% fat free beef hot dogs are 40 calories in 1...not saying these were the ones at the stand, but alot of stands here in DC use that brand and it's possible they could be selling healthy (minus all the sodium and other extra stuff!) hot dogs :)