Replies

• amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I put celery in my Turkey Chili.
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is good for dipping, but there's really no way to go wrong with anything you add/dip your celery in. It is good plain, but I love having the option of adding to it to satisfy a craving :) Cottage cheese, PB, tuna, cream cheese, all of the above!
  • kwol18
    kwol18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cream cheese. Celery is also part of the standard veggies for most of the soups I make. Carrots, Onions and Celery
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've never eaten veggies other than potato, carrots & turnip. I'm trying to try a new food every week to get used to eating different things. My question is, what can I eat celery with to make it enjoyable? I'm a really picky eater. The way I look at it is I would rather add some calories to celery than to opt out for something totally unhealthy & with way more empty calories.

My advice...find a vegetable that you find enjoyable rather than trying to force feed yourself something. I only use celery for cooking...I don't care for it otherwise and don't like it. I prefer things like broccoli, carrots, and I love my leafy greens.

I just tried broccoli & celery. I can't handle it.. looks like I have to find something else. It just about made me sick. :( I feel like I'm doomed.
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    Whatever you put ON it, make sure it is FRESH celery. if it is wilted, old and stringy, or old and woody ... it doesnt matter WHAT you put on it it will be horrible. It should be crisp and 'juicy' (moist).
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Alll these suggestions are great. However I agree with anyone who is telling you not to eat something you don't enjoy!! thats just craziness :tongue: It sounds like you are not broadening your horizons too far if all you are willing to add is something you don't even like. Is there a reason you chose this particular veggie? I would suggest bell peppers (I don't like the green ones so I don't eat those, but the red, yellow, and orange ones are delicious!!!), all kinds of squashs, and sugar snap peas...ANYTHING. go to your local farmers market or grocery store and go crazy. IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT DONT EAT IT :drinker: good luck
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i agree with not eating something if you absolutely don't like it, but coming from someone who doesn't really like celery...i find a low cal ranch dip and put just a tiny bit of that on celery and then load it up with franks red hot buffalo sauce and i love it.
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for low-fat buffalo chicken dip (140 calories for 1/3 of a cup). I love to eat it with celery. So good.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    omg! dip it in salsa it's sooooo good! don't even miss the taco chips lol
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    what can I eat celery with to make it enjoyable?

Nothing. Celery is an abomination. Theres a billion other veggies out there.

Bell peppers
    Cucumbers
    Lettuce
    Green beans
    Carrots
    Squash/zucchini
    Broccoli
    Tomatoes
    Cauliflower (also gross but some people like it)
    Mushrooms (bursting with vitamin D!)
    Eggplant
    Peas
    Asparagus
    Artichokes
    Beets
    Kale & brussel sprouts & corn

I love turnips, btw. I started preparing them with greek yogurt over butter to aid with the calories.

You see, adding cheese, butter and got-knows-what-else to veggies kind of defeats the purpose.
    Try cooking them with spices and some healthy oils (grape seed, coconut, extra virgin olive oil..) Fatty oils are just as important to a person’s diet as veggies!

Happy vegging 