Summer lovin, lovin in the summer time!

Options
So Summer is right around the corner for some of us snow bunnies :) what are you looking most forward too this summer after a winter of working out? :)

For me its buying a nice mountain bike, getting a little baby seat to put on the back, and bicycleing down the trails near my home with my daughter. Ive never been much for outdoor activites but now i just cant WAIT!!! It truly is amazing how much god and fitness have changed my life :D.

Hardwork, dedication, courage, and motivation!!!

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Winter?? what is this word you speak of? Hmmmm 80 degrees right now, I don't know much else. But I can say I look forward to the water warming up so I can get my *kitten* to the reef!!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What is this winter everyone speaks of? *Peers outside the window to sunshine and 80 degrees*
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I hate you both lol!!! Its 34 degrees here -.-
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Living in my bikini & running outside.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Camping!!
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for the summer loving....
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    right around the corner?! we have -4 degrees right now can't even imagine life without double socks
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful 23F today (-5C)...I am looking forward to jogging alongside the kiddos on their bikes. Patio restaurants, camping, swimming, fishing, and my first mud hero race.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    the annual "oh no! the a/c broke again!" week.

oh....good times.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    the annual "oh no! the a/c broke again!" week.

oh....good times.

ssshhhh - don't jinx it!!! :tongue:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Biggest change for me moving to warm weather is my body doesn't absolutely *CRAVE* comfort food like it does in the fall and winter. Through in all the damn sweet goodies around, and dark beers, and late night parties....so much easier to keep on track in summer. And lots of mmmmmmm skin around for motivation.

AZ is a great place for it too.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You southrons and your summers. You're just a bunch of green boys born in the summer. Don't you know, WINTER IS COMING.

:laugh: Hahaha on a more serious note, I can't wait to go swimming again! When I was a lieguard and pool manager, I used to swim up to 50 laps per day several times per week. (I don't know the length of the pool in meters. Not olympic sized but definitely not a kiddie pool!)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Running without my snot dripping off my face. :grumble:
    Camping, kayaking, shorts, flip flops, and fresh veggies!
  • amstill314
    Options
    I can't wait for it to be light out later so I have the option of running outside after work.

P.S. I love the topic name... and now the song is in my head. Hate you. :wink:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    P.S. I love the topic name... and now the song is in my head. Hate you.
    Mine too! :sick:

I live 5 minutes away from the beach, so I'm looking forward to some bikini beach time :smokin:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Cycling
    Skating (boards and inline)
    Swimming
    Running outside without a parka
    And just being outside

Oh, and *thanks*. Now it's stuck in my head...here, try not to click it:
    http://youtu.be/pzpIYo_hoXw
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    In Las Vegas our coldest winter days probably feel like summer to most. So when summer does roll around for me anyway I will be spending lots of time in the water or walking and biking in the dark...:glasses:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Boating, swimming, outdoor biking, camping, bonfires,......oh, the list goes on.

....Meanwhile back in Detroit......the latest "snowpocalypse" approaches :grumble:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to not wearing socks and bras.

Also, cycling season, backpacking, and of course (hopefully) some summer lovin'.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    A week in Myrtle Beach with my best friend..