Less wine, less food, more exercise? Let´s go!

Options
Hi!

After reading, reading and more reading, I finally registered two weeks ago and have been religiously and very honestly inputting anything that I ate or drank. I´ve been "dormant" until now in case what I saw wasn´t good and I had to do a sneaky exit...:blushing:

Since Christmas I have lost 5K. 1 size. I feel really positive now. Let´s go for it!.

I think I have identified my problem now, and may need a bit of special support to overcome it. I wouldn´t say I have a "dependancy" but having a very stressful job and having quit smoking recently, I feel that I can´t just drop the wine completely.

I´m also a coach potato. Which doesn´t help.:embarassed:

This is my introduction. I´m officially in. No way back now until I have lost the other 14 Kg (2 st.)!!!

Please be my friend if you feel identified in any way with me.

Sue

Replies

• LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm about to send you a friend request :)

I too drink too much wine and exercise too little :( I can stay on track all day but when I come home from work exhausted, I just want to watch tv and have a glass of wine! I've been better in the past, but as my work stress has picked up I find it harder & harder to motivate myself!!
  • debrabrewer75
    debrabrewer75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I relate a %100. I am in the same boat. A stressful job, 3 kids aging form 3 to 18 and a single mom as well. I also quit smoking a few years back but still get the urges when I am stressed. It is very hard for me to give up wine as it is my stress reliever since I gave up smoking. I have noticed though that I went from drinking it on the weekends to almost every day. I have officially given it up as of this week as I noticed that I packed on a few pounds due to it. A bottle of wine is over 600 calories. That woke me up to think I consume over 2000-3000 calories a week just due to wine. This will be a big help in losing the weight more rapidly. Good luck to you :)
  • Alcanta
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you!

I´ll reply to all my messages one by one. Please bear with me...

I was talking to a friend today, about finishing work late and exhausted, and his idea was to go running first thing in the morning, before breakfast :noway: He is almost 60 and looks 20 years younger (and fit), so maybe he is right?

With the MFP system, if we input 20 minutes of running every morning to start with... that would be a good start?. No wine in the evening if no running in the morning?

As soon as I give it a try you will be the first to know. :bigsmile:
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this today! I'm going to send you a request. It never fails that I go over on calories on the weekends and it's always because of alcohol. It has gotten in the way of my progress and I decided this morning that I'm not taking a drink between now and the end of March. This is my birthday gift to myself. I have a pair of shorts that I want to fit back in by April 7th.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i say,
    MORE WINE
    LESS FOOD
    and double the exercise/
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i say,
    MORE WINE
    LESS FOOD
    and double the exercise/

Double love! lol
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... My last drink was April 22, 1988... I've been at this since July 1st and have dropped 134 pounds.
  • Alcanta
    Options
    Ok girls and boys, who is up for a challenge?

- I´ve run´ish 20 minutes before breakfast. No problem whatsoever and very invigorating. Can be done.
    - Another buddy (she will make herself known if so she wishes) is proposing to have an alcohol-free March. Only this one month. I´ll start on Monday the 5th, sorry! :laugh:

Anybody up for either challenge, or both?

C´mon! Those lardy bits are not going to self-destruct on their own!

:happy:
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have found that working out in the morning is better for me. By the time I get off at 6:00pm, all I want to do is go home and relax. And if I workout after work, then I don't eat dinner until almost 9:00pm.

I am also a wine lover, so I have made the rule with myself no wine (or alcohol) during the week. Only weekends, it has helped tremendously.

You can do this.

I'll send you a friend request.