supreme pizza

Melis25Fit
Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So I ate really well this morning, and I knew I was going to be having pizza for lunch. I had two medium slices of pizza, and 2 glasses of 2% milk. (Skim was unavailable). I know I probably should have only had 1 slice, since they were close to 360 a slice. But I didnt. And I should have had water. AHhh. So I have approx 330 cals left ( I burned 591 this morning working out), but I still feel like I shouldn't eat anything else because otherwise my work out will go to waste.. I am fretting what I did, and feel if I eat my supper tonight, I'll eat back all those calories I worked so hard to burn off. What do you think about this?

Replies

• I have been told that you never skip a meal regardless of whether you over ate earlier in the day, or for that matter, if you plan on having something high in calories later on. I used to skip lunch in anticipation of a heavy dinner, so I wouldnt go over. Your body can go into starvation mode if you do this, and thats a lot worse than overeating for for a day. I would say just eat something simple for dinner to satisfy you, and then start fresh tmrw!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    that's the whole point of workout calories; to allow you to eat more. MFP already gives you a deficit to lose weight; not eating your exercise calories just increases this deficit. So eat your workout calories for dinner and don't worry about it; you'll still lose weight with the MFP deficit.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Don't skip a meal or you will end up bingeing later tonight or going to bed feeling deprived and hungry. You said you still have 330 cals, so eat something light and start again tomorrow. I always think of it this way when I slip up....there is NO way that I ate 3500 cals over my daily allowance. Heck, I'm not even eating at maintenance cals. You won't gain anything, so no fretting! Worse case you wake up tm with some water weight from the salty pizza (YUM!).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Skipping meals is detrimental. Either enjoy your hard earned exercise cals or find a low cal dinner (it's not that hard). I'm having a double cheeseburger for dinner for less than 500 cals (80 cal Sara Lee bun, 2 Jenny O Turkey Patties, and sargento baby swiss, YUM!)
    If you only have a single patty, the burger is 320 cals. :)
    Don't deny yourself nutrition, no matter what!
  • Don't worry about eating your exercise calories. I have them there just to save me for whenever I'm having late night snack cravings.
    I've tried skipping meals.It only caused me to start binging on thousands of calories as soon as the next meal came. Try having a healthy, light salad for dinner.
This discussion has been closed.