What do you do with protein powder?

Options
I just bought a 5 lb container of ON Gold Standard 100% whye protein powder. Looking for recipes and ideas!

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 5 lb container of ON Gold Standard 100% whye protein powder. Looking for recipes and ideas!

I just mix it with water and drink it. Sometimes I'll mix with a 50/50 water/milk mix. Mixing it with milk makes it too thick, unless you're going for milkshake-style.

Tastes fine. Use less water for better taste.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with fat free or low fat greek yogurt.- yummmmm
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    When I make a shake I mix mine with either water or almond milk depending on which one I use. I have a fruit flavoured one that I mix with water and two different chocolate ones that I mix with almond milk.

I have also made protein bars with them. A bit of protein powder, peanut butter, oatmeal and water.

I know there is a recipe floating around somewhere on the boards for protein pancakes that are apparently really good.

I have also mixed mine in with coffee or oatmeal. When I had a vanilla flavoured one it was great mixed with plain yogurt.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Put it in smoothies
    Make oatmeal/banana/protein pancakes
    drink with just water
    mix with natural peanut butter and dark chocolate (melting on stove) and dip bananas in then freeze
  • jkrobertson1998
    jkrobertson1998 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mix a 1/3 to 1/2 a scoop in oatmeal.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    snort it...

No seriously, I drink it.

In all seriousness you should really try to eat your protein and not drink it. I do not have any problem hitting about 200 grams of protein a day and I hardly ever drink a protein shake anymore...
  • DrMongoose
    Options
    I like mixing it into my morning oatmeal or even soups (as long as it's unflavored).
  • courtoomp
    Options
    I can't seem to stomach it unless I mask the taste with berries or banana. When ppl say they can mix it with water I am blown away... perhaps there's a better brand out there? Mixing with greek yogurt doesn't make the yogurt taste bad or have a weird texture?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Rub it on my nipples

I rub it on his nipples too. Kinda salty though.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I put that S4!t on everything.

Not really. I just couldn't resist.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mix with coffee, mix into smoothies, I replace 1/2 the flour in banana bread recipe with protein powder for protein packed banana bread...it all depends on what flavor you have...
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I put that S4!t on everything.

Not really. I just couldn't resist.

Scooby? That you?
  • SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mix it with greek yogurt and then mix in some granola/cereal. Makes a great breakfast or snack.
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Rub it on my nipples

Make sure you wet it a little so it sticks better.

I mix my with Vanilla almond milk 40cals per 8oz and ice.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Leave it on the store shelf and buy real food.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to stomach it unless I mask the taste with berries or banana. When ppl say they can mix it with water I am blown away... perhaps there's a better brand out there? Mixing with greek yogurt doesn't make the yogurt taste bad or have a weird texture?

Has anyone ever taken the supplement Hot Stuff? Back about 20 years ago, before it was banned that stuff was DISGUSTING. If you tried that stuff, the protein they have now a days tastes like the cheesecake factory compared to that.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Your going to like this site, smoothies, cookies recipes galore and the fact o Whey Protein, your going to get a lot of controversy over "real food", fact is whey protein is "real protein" you do the math how you see fit, lean meat comes with a price tag and a digestion tag to follow. IMO

http://wheyoflife.org/home/health-nutrition/whey-protein-recipes/
  • jonnythan
    Options

What was the last brand/flavor you tried?
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Mix it with semi-skimmed milk. 40g of powder to 400ml of milk. Delicious!
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    would love to know which recipes you have...