Fruits & Veggies calorie counting

Options
Does anyone NOT count the calories in their fruit or veggie consumption towards their total calorie intake for the day?
I've done WW in the past where Fruit/some veggies are free, so I'm having a hard time dealing with using them toward my daily intake.

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    WW has thier own way of doing things. They keep changing it up to keep people interested. I'm sure they have a formula for not counting the fruits and veggies, but I wouldn't try to mix part WW and part MFP. WW is a good healthy program is done correctly, but I would do one or the other. You're going to drive yourself crazy.
  • barenda_101
    Options
    If you are ignoring fruits and veggies, you could be missing out on a large amount of calories (especially from fruits). The reason it works in weight watchers is that they balance it by making non fruits and veggies worth more points. Things like lettuce, cucumber, etc you could probably get away with not tracking but baby carrots, bananas, apples, berries, etc will add up to a lot of calories quickly if you do not track them.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should count fruit. Bananas are huge in calories and sugar. Personally, I like to count everything because I also like to look at my vitamin and mineral intake.
  • kmaped
    kmaped Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I guess it makes sense after thinking about it. I should also want to be accountable for every single thing I eat. Thanks!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I too am a former WW'er and am having issues with tracking fruit & veggies. I make myself track all fruit at the very least but I tend to slack off on leafy veggies, especially lettuce.