new here

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
Hello all,
New to the message boards but I've used fitnesspal before and lost about 12 lbs last year. Of course I've gained it all back plus. My health has been not so good and I know I have to get in under control. I turn 38 on Monday but feel 60 so I'm on a quest to get my "youth" back....lol!!! I'm doing low calorie with moderate exercise until I can get back into shape. I need to lose about 30 lbs.

On a personal note I have a beautiful four year old son that keeps me busy. He is absolutely the love of my life.

Have a great evening,
Amanda

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Welcome back Amanda!! I had a similar situation as you: I lost 32 lbs last year...gained it all back, +1. And here I am again!! Problem is, I have about 55 to lose. Ugh...how daunting does that sound?? Okay, you are resposible for kicking me in the butt everyday!! LOL!!

I wish you much success!!
  • ladyashen
    ladyashen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heya. This is my first time using fitness pal. I was using LoseIt on iPod and lost 17 lbs using that but fitnesspal is way better when it comes to food database.

Good luck to you though. I noticed that low caloric intake is the key instead of working out too much. I worked out twice a week for two years and lost nothing. As soon as I started to monitor my calories, I've lost 17 lbs in five months. It's slow but at least I got results! lol
  • babygirl2010
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I'm Cynthia, You can do this hon! Im 23 and I have a 2 year old son. I gained 70lbs while i was pregnant with him and its taken me along time to lose the weight. I have lost 30lbs but i still have alot more to go!! If you need some encouragement feel free to messege me!! Hang in there, We can do it!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really need "partners in crime" with this process. I always do better when I can be held accountable...lol!