My first 5k!!

Options
Hi Everyone!!!

I accomplished a very big goal for me yesterday! I ran my very first 5k!!! AND I did it in 35 min and 15 seconds! My best friend ran with me and my mom, my stepdad and her husband came to cheer us on (my boyfriend couldn't get off work but he did suprise me later after he got off). They even made us a sign! :D

I did have to walk briefly because I was having trouble breathing (which is the one thing I didn't want to do) but I'm ok with it. It was extremely humid in maryland yesterday and I was ill. PLUS I still finished it in a time that I'm proud of.

If you'd have told me I'd run a 5k in under 40 min 2 months ago...heck if you'd told me that I'd be running for more than 5 min at a time 2 months ago I would have laughed. So the fact that I accomplished this was huge and I am so proud of myself. :):)

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    way to go! You should feel proud! You accomplished a great goal!
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    Well done that is fantastic :)
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Congratulations Supersarah!:bigsmile:
    I'm not suprised you are feeling brilliant!
    I'm working towards the same goal!
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Congrats!! I ran my first one a month again and did well too! Just like you, I would have never done it a few months earlier! Congrats!!!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Feels good, doesn't it??!!!

Congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Many congratulations! Happy for you! :happy:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Congrats!!! That was an awesome time for your first 5k.........my first one is next Saturday I am hoping to get under 40 mins myself!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Way to go I am also working towards the same goal I hope I can do it under 40 mins.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    its the best feeling ever, isn't it? congratulations...the next one will be even more fun :)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! What a great goal and enjoy the glow of accomplishing it!
    Risa
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I can't wait till the next one!! :happy:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!! Woot! That is so exciting. The great thing about a 5k is that you can run them often and really work on your time... or!... train for longer distances. :D

Cheers!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    THATS SO GREAT!!!! Congrats!!! you're time is amazing! I ran my first one in 42 min and 12 seconds but i had to keep stopping and walking for a few minutes because i had a massive sinus infection, so im hoping that my second one will be a better time...something closer to what you did yours in :)

keep up the great work!!!
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Congrats- enjoy every moment of how proud you feel :bigsmile:
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspirtation! I hope to do my first one in a month. Hoping just to run the whole thing.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! That is an amazing time...especially for your first time!!!

My 6 year old is running her first 5K with me next weekend and I am so excited and proud too :) Just crossing that finish line, really does something incredible for your self esteem. Keep it up!
  • MelliCheer
    MelliCheer Posts: 26
    Options
    Great Work - I remember the feeling of accomplishment after my first ever 5km. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!