Workout DVD's?

Options
Hey gang!

I'm in the market for a workout dvd, and am clueless as to what to get. With summer here, I won't be as active anymore (I'm a special needs teacher and opted out of working summer school). So, obviously I need something to help keep me moving and not attached to my couch! :wink:

I'm open to pretty much anything that would help me tone up, and tighten my belly muscles since thats where it seems my weight likes to set up camp. I intend to continue my daily walk/jog, but I fear that with me not having to chase after my kids I won't be active enough this summer. I need something to keep me interested and motivated. Any suggestions would be suuuuuuuuuper!!! :bigsmile:

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• need_to_lose
    Options
    I recommend getting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options

I couldn't agree more. I also love Tae Bo with Billy Blanks, that tones you really well!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I boycott anything to do with Jillian Michaels, so I can't comment on that one. But I do love TaeBo, especially the ones that don't require any contraptions, like Ultimate TaeBo and Celebrity Fit TaeBo. Lately, I've been doing Insanity by Beachbody. If you are already a fit runner, you might enjoy the Interval training in Insanity.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    i would say the 30 day shred to be bette suited for someone who is looking to lose the last bit of weight. Otherwise-

it depends largely on your fitness level!

there are a million of them out there-

choose one that interests you the most. commit to a guy diet regiment, and the rest is cake......so long as you don't eat that.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about the 30 day shred. I've heard that Beachbody has a lot of good videos as well. I've tried Turbo Jam and I think its okay. Turbo Jam is a 20 minute cardio workout.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to go to a website like collagevideo.com where you can search for what you're looking for & watch 1 minute clips of the workouts, read reviews, see descriptions & breakdowns of the workout, what equipment is needed, etc etc...

Personally I find the 30 day shred to be one of the most boring workout dvds I own...& I own well over 100. But, at collage video you can read all about the workout & decide for yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • talenamarie
    talenamarie Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with everyone else and purchased the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I am starting it tomorrow 6/1(here on my island). I needed something that I can do in the comfort of my airconditioned home and that I could do along side my bicycling and walking and jogging on my treadmill. Hope you find what works for you. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow after I am done with my first level and first day. Take care.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i like the old firm tapes:smile:
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Do you have Fitness/Exercise TV? I also have videos on free PPV that you can check out, including the Shred video! :)

Good luck!
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    I am also a TaoBo fan. I have heard great things about the Julian Michaels 30 day shred, I am trying that next to mix it up. I also highly recomend pilates. It is great for the waistline. It works your whole body focussing on your core all with no equipement. My favorite is the 10 minute pilates. There are five 10 minute workouts that you can do alone are all together.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and her No More Trouble Zones dvds. They're great since all you need is an exercise mat if working out on hard surface and a set of 3 or 5 pounds weights. They are pretty intense and I really feel it all over, especially my abs and arms, after her No More Trouble Zones workout, so then I either walk, jog, or ride my bike the next day or two.
  • commit2change
    Options
    Go for workouts on www.youtube.com and especially the Leslie Sansone 3 min or 30 minute ones. You can stand in place and walk, exercise all the time you are on the phone, watching tv, etc.. I was on phone with my couse and sister today and I walked for an hour and then 30 minute and while I wait for microwave to warm up something etc. just walk in place, lift your legs, raise your arms or even when you sit watching tv., roll your arms, do punches with them... just do it all the time and you will be sweating away in no time... it works.

Great sucess to you. I just started this week and have lost 2 pouns, 46 more to go.

EB a lady in Texas.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and it's a good workout, but I also have Kettleworx which is absolutely fantastic - never boring - and is really making a difference to my shape.
    It's personal taste but kettleworx for me is the best I own, shortly followed by Davina's 30 minute workouts (but they're UK based I think)!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If you're pushed for time, why not try out some Tabata interval training which can be up to 20-30mins long and is pretty much equivalent to 1 or 2 hrs of workout in the gym?

I use a GymBoss timer which you can set for example: 2 intervals of 30seconds of workout and 10 seconds rest for 8 cycles = 4 mins and have 5 different workouts.

I've been using the Tabata timer for a few weeks now and I find it's quite effective.

Have a look at www.bodyrock.tv or on youtube. There are some great tabata training videos that you can simply do at home.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    TaeBo is amazing! I have the boot camp abs and the total body workout fat blaster and the fat blasting cardio. I bought the bands and they do work. You are using your own body for resistance so you don't over do it, but you still see results.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    TaeBo is fun and a good workout.. I love Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.. (I'm actually about to do the Metabolism Boost one in a few!) Jari Love DVDs are great for strength. I also like some of the Firm's stuff, but I'm generally not coordinated to take on too much of them.. lol Good luck finding something you like! There's so much out there to choose from.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My friends and I just did the Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training. LOVED IT!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Awesome guys! Thanks so much for the input!

I've heard alot about the 30 day shred video, and Taebo (on MFP and other places), so I figure I'll end up starting there. And to spice things up, I'm for sure looking into the other sites/workouts recommended! Thanks again guys!!!
  • Coachsarah
    Options
    For me, it's all about Beachbody products. They have so many different options for various levels. There's P90X and Insanity for the hardcore people that want a serious challenge. Slim in 6, Hip Hop Abs, and Power 90 are great for just starting out. I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach, so if you have any questions about any of their products just let me know. I'm currently doing Slim in 6. I'm hoping to get to my target weight of 135 in 6 weeks.

Just like with any workout program, if you stick to it and eat clean, you can have your own success story.

www.beachbodycoach.com/ssosarah
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more. I also love Tae Bo with Billy Blanks, that tones you really well!

Thanks for this post, I have just ordered Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD boxset from Amazon - really excited about it now!
    -x-x-