A newbie looking for fab weight loss buddies

Options
ANewNorene
ANewNorene Posts: 11 Member
Hi Everyone,

My name is Norene. This website is so exciting and refreshing. When you are in a weight loss battle, you feel like you are in the fight alone, so its good to know there are thousands of fellow soldiers fighting the good fight right along with you. I began my weight loss journey being a little over 230 pounds in 2004. I am currently weighting in at 175 pounds today. This is the smallest I have ever been in my adult life so even though my goal is to be 155 pounds, I have no idea what my body will look nor feel like when I get there.

I am new to this site so I am looking to find people who I can share advise, encouragement and even someone who can tell me when I am not doing as good as I could be doing ( I love tactful constructive critism).
:heart:

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a fantastic site. You will find all the different kinds of support here. I love it!

Congrats on what you've done for yourself already, and good luck on the journey to come!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    welcome to this site :)

and congrats on breaking outta the 200s im still working on it. :) btw you look great :D keep it up <3

you wouldnt regret having a friend like me :)

btw love your name. its sooo unique never heard of it.
  • ANewNorene
    ANewNorene Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies!

Fabiolaenvy I will definitely be adding you as a friend!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Newbie...you are definitely in the right place.
    Love your attitude!
    your program must really work well for you...congrats on the awesome drop!

Check every corner of the this place & you'll never wanna leave! Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • cotton1985
    cotton1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    GO NORENE!!!! LOL
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome Norene. You've come so far already, congrats on that!

I've been here just over a week and can't get enough. I know this format works because I did e-diets before and it worked fabulously. Enough to meet my husband and have two kids which landed me right back here. :bigsmile:

So what's your plan so we can help you stick to it?
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Norene!! With your dedication and the tools on this site I am sure that you will reach your goals in no time. Woot Woot!!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It has been an inspiration and motivating for me. :flowerforyou:
  • mygoal160
    mygoal160 Posts: 7
    Options
    WEll hate to start off on a bad note. I ate two panda express plates after weighing at about 189-190 thursday evening after my workout. Down from about 215 about six months ago. this will definitely hold me back the next week in reaching the next goal of 180. My biggest problem is that I workout too hard and then overeat but I hate to not workout because then I feel like im not going to lose the weight. My second concern is not having enough of the right foods toeat because my girlfriend love meat! Meatloaf, Pot Roast anything American with meat and potatoes. But I know that its not bad if I eat in moderation. well, I guess it's normal to run into snags but it's a bad habit to get into. Eating two plate of panda express is a bad habit to me like smoking ciggarettes...Well somehow i will learn to control these emotional compulsions. I will blame it on the stress and anxiety over the laker / suns game. well good night and any replies to help me get out the funk that comes after using food to "feel good" is welcome. :frown:
  • mygoal160
    mygoal160 Posts: 7
    Options
    My plan is to eat about three homemade salads and try to put more of the healthy fats in my diet like peanut butter and olive oil. :blushing:
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone hits road bumps, it's recovering from it that counts. Sounds like you've made yourself a plan but I hope you're eating mor than just salad. If you don't eat enough calories, your body is going to think it's starving and will retain fat and slow your metabolism. My only other suggestion would be to get your goals and motivations into your profile so you can be reminded of why you're doing this. Hang in there!
  • vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome! We have almost the same goals! Good luck! I love this site :)
    Feel free to add me as a friend!!
    Vicki