Struggling!!!

Options
I'm not doing well! I had lost 85 pounds at one point, was up to running 6 miles and have done triathlons. However, a bad showing in a triathlon, followed by a knee injury and a month long bout with bronchitis....and then the holidays has thrown me for a loop! My workouts and runs are sporadic. My eating is good, but my snacking is horrible!!!

I have gained at least 35 pounds and I can not seem to get it back together. It makes me very sad because of all the work I've done...and the fact that I really want to do what I need to do. STRUGGLING big time!!!

Any ideas to get me back on the right track? I really want to be ready for triathlon season....I love it so much!!

Replies

• isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you managed to do so much! Try breaking things into chunks. Maybe that will help, you wont be so overloaded with what you want to do. Just do what you can to get back to where you were. It will take a while and cut yourself some slack, don't however, get stuck in your own head. You will be so happy once you get back into a new routine that fits your lifestyle.

You did it once you can do it again.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Start slow again. Jumping all in may be overwhelming. What did you do to get moving the first time when you lost all of the weight? Try that? The good thing is that you know how to do it, what you are capable of, and how it felt to achieve your successes last time... use that as proof and motivation to get back on it! Best of luck!
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I did get up at 5 this morning and did a spin class. I have to get back in the pool. I love that! I'm really going to have to stay on top it and try not to look at the gains I have given back. I really think I need to stick with it and stay really strict so I can see some decent gains right away.
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a note, I was back in the pool again this morning for the first time in 5 months!! I did 500 meters with no problem. It felt like I was never gone...except for my shoulders cryin. I forgot how much I loved swimming. Moving forward!!!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    setback.png
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I struggle every day -- life is a struggle. There's always going to be something to move forward to or to slog past. This is beauty, because in an instant it can be gone. Taken away. I've learned most recently how fragile the human body is and how strong the human spirit is. So take each struggle as a blessing that you CAN struggle. That you have the strength to make your own choices and that that freedom isn't taken from you by things like cancer, chemo, or any other thing that can alter your life.

For me, I decided when faced with my latest struggle that I was going to rejoice in the fact that I could run like the wind, dance across the parking lot to the gym, and lift with even more vigor and gusto because I can. I can be strong, because if I could halve my strength and give it to someone I love who can't lift a phone, I would.

So I'd say, be grateful you have the option to struggle. Because when you get through it and come out stronger than when you went into it, you'll feel ALIVE.

Life is beautiful, even with all the flaws. :)