Not Losing - need suggestions

Options
I have been back to MFP for about 50 days. In that time I have only lost 1 pound. My eating has been good and I have been working out regularly but this week my 1 little pound loss is gone. I want to lose about 10-15 pounds and I realize that my body is shifting - becoming more toned and less fat. Any suggestions on how to get this weight/fat loss going?

Replies

• Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? I stayed at the same weight from July to December, then in January I upped my calories(sounds crazy I know) and started losing again. I am trying the Eat More to Weigh Less method and I really like it. I am doing TDEE - 15%. I have also been doing P90X for the last 4 weeks and that has really helped with toning.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories too to lose. From 1300 to 1700 a day and you may need to eat even closer to maintenance calories to let your body know it's ok to get rid of fat.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary so people can see what you're eating, what you're logging, etc.

Having data will go a long way towards getting good advice :)
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have opened it
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It's very clear looking at your diary that you are not eating enough. You are netting below 1200 calories every day. Very bad! Your body is holding onto everything. You need to eat more. Figure out your BMR. Never NET below that. Figure out your TDEE - take 15-20% off that. Sounds weird that you will lose weight eating more, but it's been proven here all over the boards. I'm still waiting for it to happen to me but I know eating 1200 for a year completely messed up my metabolism!!
  • shaglund01
    Options
    What's TDEE?
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

everything you need to know to fuel your body, be healthy and live life!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

everything you need to know to fuel your body, be healthy and live life!
    I agree!
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looks like I have some reading to do!
  • pinkpoodle5000
    Options
    bump