Any post partum mommies?

Options
Hi! I had a beautiful baby girl the end of August 2012 and now I'm struggling to lose the baby weight. I'm 7 pounds from my pre-third baby weight. After that I'm still 20 pounds from pre-babies weight. I'm been actively watching what I eat and trying to exercise when I can for the past 3 months but have only lost 9 pounds.

Any other mommies out there?

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm not really post partum anymore, since the baby is 18 months now haha (August 2011). Right now I am in between what I weighed when I joined the Air Force and my first pre-pregnancy weight, as I started slowly gaining over the years before the first baby.
  • Cjmjr
    Cjmjr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Post Partum mommy here... had my fourth child just last month. I'm just getting started on this big weight loss journey. Have about 75 pounds to lose (one and for all!) It seems slow-going for me at the moment. Which is frustrating because in the past the largest amounts of weight seemed to come off rather quickly after delivery. NOT this time! My own fault, though. I ate absolutely anything I wanted during this last pregnancy and I'm certainly paying for it now! I'm cutting out most carbs and watching calories closely.

Question for you - do you think that not drinking enough water inhibits weight loss? I'm not a great water drinker.

Good luck!!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 10 months post partum and I have two kids. I've struggled losing weight after my first pregnancy and never lost it all before getting pregnant. The past month I've had great success from doing Insanity! My weight loss is slow but I find dong strength and resistance being a lot more effective than just cardio alone, something I used to awalys do.

Feel free to add me if you want some motivation
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll be 8 weeks postpartum this upcoming Friday. So far I am 8 pounds below where I started when I got pregnant but I have about 60 more lbs to lose since I started out obese to begin with. It has been challenging because baby is high needs, colicky, demanding etc, etc etc. I've been having problem getting ENOUGH calories since I am basically the only one who takes care of our little one.