Frustrated all around

Options
2»

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    MFP didn't give you 1300, you gave MFP information and it came back with 1300 which is probably way too low to start with and then you don't eat any exercise back so you're in a huge deficit. You also tend to eat foods like a 5 year old (except for the wine) and an apple and a coffee isn't breakfast nor is corn dogs supper. Up your calorie budget to a reasonable amount (at least your BMR + 200) and consider eating less processed food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I typically bring leftovers, but some lunches I like that don't need heated are:

Wraps - high fiber wrap/tortilla stuffed with leafy greens (arugula, kale, spinach, etc.), chopped crunchy vegetables and some form of protein (leftover meat/fish, eggs, hummus, refried beans, etc.) and a little vinaigrette, mustard or hot sauce.

Bed of leafy greens with cottage cheese and tomato.

Bean or grain & bean salads. (I'm having quinoa/bean salad today).

If you really just started this month, give it some time. It took me almost a month to start losing, but when I did, it came off at a steady pace.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    MFPs estimates are not accurate at all, even if you input your stats correctly, which most people don't. As a logging tool, MFP is invaluable, but as a guide, it's awful. Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and read the first post.
  • KelBelz22
    KelBelz22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MFPs estimates are not accurate at all, even if you input your stats correctly, which most people don't. As a logging tool, MFP is invaluable, but as a guide, it's awful. Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and read the first post.

Thank you for the link. I read it. I followed the steps and I have adjusted my daily calories to a more suitable amount. I did not realize how important it was to eat back the burnt calories and try to eat more balanced meals and really try to make it to the amount calories daily.

Thank you everyone for your help. Hopefully the pounds will start to come off now.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i eat a tuna salad sandwich (comes premade in pouch) on sandwich thins along with baby carrots and some fresh celery and some kind of rice chips
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Don't get too disheartened if the scale fluctuates for the first few weeks; your body will take time to adjust.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I try to take my lunch to work 3 times a week- I figure that's more than half and it saves me money. I do a lot of my prep work on Sunday and cook like some beans or rice and make up a big salad. Sometimes I grill up some chicken to put on it. But lately I make a casserole or a soup on Sunday- and log all the ingredients in the recipe builder. If I get 8 cups of soup that and a salad and maybe a block of cheese could be lunch for the whole week and a few dinners.