Gained all my Weight.........

Options
back. I started on MFP on January 1, 2009. I managed to lose 52 pounds. I however was in a wreck on May 29, 2009 and it messed with me mentally. I started not caring what I ate or if I exercised or not. Then, I started having knee pain and found out I have some Arthritis in my knees. I know that I shouldn't be making excuses, I should have pressed on no matter what and for that I am not so proud of myself. Needless to say that I got on the scales this morning and I was not pleased at what I saw. I have gained all of the 52 pounds back plus 1.6 pounds. No more, I am sick of being fat. I am back on this thing and I will do it no matter what life throws my way, or what happens. I will not let things get to me, I am sick of doing that. I am BACK, and I am here to stay until I lose all the weight I want to lose. I can do it, I know I can, I lost 52 pounds before using this site and I can and will do it again!!! I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    you are my new inspiration...i mean hey- you've done it once....you've done what everybody is trying to do....you go on....do it again!!!!!
  • galelynn57
    Options
    You can add me as a friend and we can support each other if you like. I kinda did the same thing you did. Jan 08' I started eating healthier and exercising and lost 50 lbs. Now I had put 26 of that back on and I felt terrible. Time to do something about it before I get back to where I was in 2008.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it, just stay focused and you will get there :wink:
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and for being so supportive. I need it right now. I feel like a failure but I know that I am not a failure b/c I will not give up, I will keep fighting until I win this thing.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome back! Now let's get to it! Lol :tongue:
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    Good luck! What a story!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it, and from the sounds of it you are ready to be on track and kickin' some butt! It's never easy, but like others have said, you did it before, and you can definitely do it again. Plus, you already have a system of what works for you, so just get into your old routine and you'll be on your way. Good luck, we're all here to support you!
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    Thanks Guys!! I feel better now.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I remember you from before, I also had a year long gap of not caring, and I'm back at it myself! You were a great source of motivation and support for all of us - so now it's our time to return the favor! You CAN do this and you DESERVE it! :flowerforyou: I wish you the best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    I remember you from before, I also had a year long gap of not caring, and I'm back at it myself! You were a great source of motivation and support for all of us - so now it's our time to return the favor! You CAN do this and you DESERVE it! :flowerforyou: I wish you the best of luck! :flowerforyou:

Yes, at first I was Lauramg, then I switched my name to MOMOFTWO29, then deleted my account in March and put my name to SeminoleFan30, so now I am back at it. Thanks for the support and motivation, I need it. I remember you too.
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - you now know you can do it! Fabulous that you are here again. :-)
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    You've been there and done that - so have I. I lost 45 lbs about 8 years ago, injured myself and put it all back on. I had a total knee replacement and started exercising and dieting again. Lost 25 lbs, then I found this site! It is great. I still have 25 more to go. You can add me as a friend and we can support each other. BTW - seminole fan? Are you in Florida - me too

Do it for yourself and for those cute little kids!
  • bubles
    bubles Posts: 2
    Options
    add me as a friend I would like to help support you. I know I've done the samething over the years.
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    You've been there and done that - so have I. I lost 45 lbs about 8 years ago, injured myself and put it all back on. I had a total knee replacement and started exercising and dieting again. Lost 25 lbs, then I found this site! It is great. I still have 25 more to go. You can add me as a friend and we can support each other. BTW - seminole fan? Are you in Florida - me too

Do it for yourself and for those cute little kids!

Thanks for the support. No, I don't live in Florida, I am in South Carolina. I have loved the Seminoles for a long time. I would love to live in Florida, so I could see the Seminoles play.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome back, you are starting over a new leaf, you did it before, and you know you can do it again

best wishes, Emma :) xx
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I had an accident back in '95...everyone was surprised I lived (darn cement mixer ran a light). Anyway, that's when ALL my exercise stopped....because I was hospitalized. After that, I went to physical therapy...but that was it. Getting back into the groove of exercise was horrible for me....couldn't stick with it. :angry: I still struggle with it, but I keep coming back to this site. I go through the cycles of eating whatever I want, too, but again I keep coming back to this site....it's a reminder that I and ANYONE can always start over. :flowerforyou: 'Glad you're here.

:heart:

Let's be MFP friends! :smile:
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    I had an accident back in '95...everyone was surprised I lived (darn cement mixer ran a light). Anyway, that's when ALL my exercise stopped....because I was hospitalized. After that, I went to physical therapy...but that was it. Getting back into the groove of exercise was horrible for me....couldn't stick with it. :angry: I still struggle with it, but I keep coming back to this site. I go through the cycles of eating whatever I want, too, but again I keep coming back to this site....it's a reminder that I and ANYONE can always start over. :flowerforyou: 'Glad you're here.

I didn't get hurt bad in the accident just bruised and scared out of my mind, it just messed with me mentally. It wasn't my fault, a truck pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop. Anyways, I am glad to be back. Thanks for the support. I still can't exercise right now though, I have Arthritis in my knees and it hurts to bad, I start going to physical therapy for my knees on Thursday.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Yes, at first I was Lauramg, then I switched my name to MOMOFTWO29, then deleted my account in March and put my name to SeminoleFan30, so now I am back at it. Thanks for the support and motivation, I need it. I remember you too.

I like SeminoleFan best! GO NOLES!! :drinker: (I'm an FSU Alumni!) haha
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options

I like SeminoleFan best! GO NOLES!! :drinker: (I'm an FSU Alumni!) haha

I love the Seminoles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I didn't get hurt bad in the accident just bruised and scared out of my mind, it just messed with me mentally. It wasn't my fault, a truck pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop. Anyways, I am glad to be back. Thanks for the support. I still can't exercise right now though, I have Arthritis in my knees and it hurts to bad, I start going to physical therapy for my knees on Thursday.

Sometimes the mental trauma is worse than the physical. I was in a nasty accident in Jan'08 and had a lot of injuries. They were considering amputating my left arm since the shattered bone was coming very close to severing an artery. They were able to rebuild me and I have a fancy new cyborg arm (tons of metal that will never come out). :laugh:

There are things today that I'm still not capable of doing, but that isn't the reason I put on the weight. I was scared. Scared of everything. Didn't (actually couldn't) drive again for over 6 months. At first I wasn't capable of doing things myself (carrying groceries, doing laundry, etc) but after some healing I was still afraid of doing ANYTHING that might potentially be uncomfortable or hurt.

It took almost two years to get past the mental barrier and start living normally again. It wasn't just my arm that suffered after two years of minimal activity. EVERYTHING else went to hell. I ended up back in physical therapy at the end of last year for my back. My core muscles had become so weak they could move my vertebrae around. Pretty gross.

Whoa, just started typing and didn't realize I'd ended up ranting. That very long winded explanation was just to say that I know where you're coming from. The quicker you can snap yourself out of fear mode the better off you'll be. I did a lot of damage being too afraid to live.

I have to do a lot of modified exercising because of my injuries so I'm sure there is something out there that you can do that will be easy on your knees. If walking is too hard you can still get your heart rate up by lifting weights while sitting down or swimming.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288618/easy_exercises_for_problem_knees.html
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/health/Good_Exercises_for_Bad_Knees.html
    http://www.healthyexerciseworld.com/arthritis-knee-exercise.html