Baggy clothes..anyone else?

Options

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think I need to bite the bullet and buy new underwear :ohwell: Havent lost alot scale wise but the inches are dropping.

Congrats on your success thus far.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love my super baggy bf jeans. They are so big on me that they will fall off w/o a super tight belt. =) Feels good though huah? To know where you were and now able to see all your sweat pay off. Congrats to you!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've been buying "interstitial" clothes at the charity shops! The only thing that I've been buying new and smaller while I'm in-between has been underwear!

:smile:

This is what I do too! And I buy a little ahead of myself if I see something I like that's just a BIT too small. I have an "aspiration pile" that I'm trying to shrink into. Oh, and I've bought a few things in supermarket sales, provided they're a quarter or less than the original price.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm holding off shopping since I'm still losing and have a ways to go ...BUT ..last nite I shopped in my closet and found a smaller pair of jeans which was nice & some tops. Unfortunately I shouldda shopped sooner cuz lot of the stuff I was too heavy for, is now baggy. Actually it went out this a.m as Goodwill picked up a bag of 3 different sizes of jeans/long sleeved tops.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This is me, I'm on my third wardrobe. Right now I'm trolling the thrift stores, in fact most of my clothes right now are from thrift stores (except my undies, I'm not THAT cheap). I'm waiting until I finish Turbo Fire in May to see how close I am to my goal weight before I go on a massive shopping spree.
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    Haven't dropped much this time around, but I just hit that "inbetween" size! So, I jsut try to shrink the pants as much as posilbe in the wash until I can crack open my next lower size box (unfortunatley, this is not the first time around on this for me). Maybe I will actually get rid of the clothing as I shrink this time! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yeah...actually going shopping this weekend. My wife insists that I need at least two pairs of pants that actually fit. I wished I hadn't gotten rid of all of my 34 waist stuff over the summer...but it had been collecting dust for about 3 years and hadn't yet contemplated losing weight.

I'm gonna go cheap...probably Kohl's or something...just a couple pairs of pants, maybe a couple shirts for work. I'm just glad I didn't get rid of my fitted office clothes..thought about it, never thought I'd fit into them again...at least I have some really nice work clothes that I fit into now.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of buying new clothes when I lost #20. Then I lost 30# and nothing I bought fit me . . . .then I gained back 10# and now I HAVE to lose weight so I can fit into my #30 loss clothes! I went shopping at Goodwill until I was sure I was at a weight I was going to maintain. Unfortunately, THe holidays made me lazy.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    I hear that, I got out of all my size 12 jeans and if I try to wear them they are so baggy. Down to an 8 and those by the end of the day get saggy too. I just went to Value Village and spent a few bucks on used jeans. I got Calvin Klein jeans that look brand new for 6.00 bucks. This way when I get down to goal I can spend real money on nice clothes but for now I just got used. Good luck!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    'Luckily' I kept all my clothes as I gained weight so have those as I lose it again! I'm throwing away the bigger stuff this time though so I can't kid myself I'm ok because I have clothes to wear if I gain again.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So happy for you all, yes it feels amazing, I came home from church Sunday and cleaned out 6 drawers of clothes, I bought 3 new work pants and 2 pair of jeans for weekend, but most of all I got new work out pants and workout jacket for early morning races.
    I have a race this Saturday and its been in the low 40's, so looking forward to this race as I have lost about 15lbs sence New years race ;0-) I have to say the most size diffrence is underware!! 4 sizes ;-0)...:smile:
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    First off.... Congrats!

My pants have gotten baggier in my hip/buttocks area... bc of how baggy they are, when I see myself in the mirror (usually the elevator at work) I look like the lady who has to world's largest hips! lol.

The only downside... I haven't lost enough around the waist to go down a pant size... I'm right in between.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I admit to being one of those former yo-yo dieters that has several sizes of clothes in storage. So I haven't had the baggy clothes problem. I just go shopping in my storage bins. Some of my clothes still have the tags on them....never worn (I bought things thinking I would eventually lose enough weight to get into them). I just found 3 pairs of fleece pants I bought about 5 years ago that were too small and still had the tags on. I am finally wearing them. :)
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went a bit overboard and bought 8 new dresses this weekend LOL. The most expensive 2 were $25 but most of the others were only $10 or $15 (from JC Penny, Ross and Gordmans). Some of them are snug now so they will just wear better as time goes on. I wear mostly workout clothes to work but dress up more on the weekends. I have been wearing leggings instead of pants so they still fit even though I am still losing.
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For some of my work clothes, I have taken them in for alterations. I hit the sale rack at Macy's for belts to hold up my pants. I found some really nice leather belts for less than 10 dollars last summer. I need to punch additional holes and trim the end. I also have gotten my sewing machine out. I did breakdown and buy some new workout clothes. My pants were falling off and I was swimming in some of the tops.
  • maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sizes and inches are what really count! I also don' t see the scale move as easily as others do, so I go by measurements and size
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    haha have the same problem all my clothes are getting too big but cant really afford to replace them all if im not at my goal weight yet and hopefully in a few months the new clothes would be too big as well!should I buy clothes that fit now or ones slightly to tight that I will 'slim' into once im my goal weight??
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yes, rocking the frumpy look! I'm definitely holding off stocking up on new clothes until I hit my goal weight, which I'm ten pounds away from. I'm looking forward to throwing out the baggy clothes and replenishing my wardrobe :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wearing my 'skinniest' clothes now.

I have about 1.5m of clothes hanging and waiting for the flea market next weekend. I'm gonna sell all my to big clothes, because I never want to wear them again! And with the money, I will buy some in between clothes as soon as I need some :laugh:
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was managing OK, I just scrabbled round in the bags under the bed and pulled out something from the thinner pile. But I have just washed them all and split them into 2 piles - take in or turn into something else and take to the carboot or a charity shop. I missed out on some of the nice things as they are summery stuff and I am looking for autumn into winter stuff.

I now wear the smallest of what I have had for years and a small selection from charity and cheapy shops. I managed to make a couple of shirts and cardis fit again by adding an elasticated clip thing - 3 inches of elastic with a clip on each end, like those you get on men's braces (suspenders for you American readers - I think). They nip things in nicely, a quick iron makes it all look deliberate and tidy, and I can adjust it to give me a waist. I use a piece of matching ribbon for the cardis, when done up they look very swish :)

I have also run seams down the sides of a couple of dresses and added darts, probably in the wrong places - all hidden by those refitted cardis, so no real skill required.

I won't keep my fat clothes... I won't be gaining the weight back, honest! But I won't be buying a whole new wardrobe either. I want to drop at least another full clothes size first.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!