Losing weight and Weed

Options
Just out of curiousity, but has anyone lost weight while smoking weed? If so, did you reach your goal?? Why or why not?
And were you able to keep it off after you reached your goals. I only want to hear from people who are open minded.

Thank you :)

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I would be surprised. Those munchies would have a sugar snack attack. Perhaps crack would suffice....
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have! It urges me to drink more water. I don't really get the munchies anymore, and I use it for more medicinal purposes. I have my weak moments, but who doesn't.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If you are used to getting the munchies and feeding them when smoking, then that can be a really hard habit to break.

But a person can get used to smoking and not feeding the munchies - maybe drink a lot of water, or have healthy vegetables and gum at the ready to munch on instead.
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I personally do not but I know a lot of people who do and have lost weight.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost weight, am still losing weight, and expect to continue to my goal.

You just have to be consistent, make healthy choices and stay disciplined, just like anyone who doesn't use cannabis has to do.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, but has anyone lost weight while smoking weed? If so, did you reach your goal?? Why or why not?
    And were you able to keep it off after you reached your goals. I only want to hear from people who are open minded.

Thank you :)

To answer your question, yes i have lost weight, and continue to do so. I have not reached my goal yet but i am working my way to it. So far i have been able to keep it off. It has nothing to do with the "munchies" and everything to do with willpower. Just remind urself that you are not really hungry and just up there and if needed drink a glass of water.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't smoke to lose weight. I wouldn't use a diet pill either, I want my accomplishments to be mine, not the product of a drug or liposuction. If your question is would the drug inhibit weight loss....I doubt it as many patients with nausea use it so they can have an appetite and keep food down. Use the weed money for a gym membership and awesomely healthy food.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I was smoking more often back in 2009/2010 I still managed to lose a lot of weight.... when I got the munchies I downed a 1-2 liters of cold diet soda and it alleviated my high. That was always my trick to avoiding the munchies.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would be surprised. Those munchies would have a sugar snack attack. Perhaps crack would suffice....

It shouldn't have, but this made me giggle. :laugh: In all seriousness, I have never heard of a correlation between smokin' weed and losin' weight. But i've never had first hand experience sooooo...
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. I lost over 110 pounds a few years back and smoked the whole time. I stopped smoking for a year at one point and gained over 60 pounds! I only smoke occasionally now for pain relief and to help me sleep and I am losing weight.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't smoke to lose weight. I wouldn't use a diet pill either, I want my accomplishments to be mine, not the product of a drug or liposuction. If your question is would the drug inhibit weight loss....I doubt it as many patients with nausea use it so they can have an appetite and keep food down. Use the weed money for a gym membership and awesomely healthy food.

Im pretty sure the OP isnt smoking to lose weight, but just asking have people been able to do it while they enjoy the recreational activity.........
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had before and it worked great, kept me away from the Booze, which is my weakness, never had a problem with the munchies, you just can't take that first bite. Can't do that while in school though, sob sob, tear, I won't study.....
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Honestly...... I think "munchies" are a myth. This is just my opinion. I think people just get told that you get the "munchies" when you smoke, and because of that, they go into it with the mindset that they are going to pig out and then use it as an excuse to do so. I NEVER had the "munchies". I never gained weight from it. I never tried losing either, so I can't give my opinion on that. Just change the way you think it affects you, and most likely, it will change the way it "affects" you.
  • gokarty
    gokarty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am an elderly man. I smoke a very small amount of weed once a month before I do yoga (which I do more often than once a month ...at least once a week) It helps me to tune in to my body and I can target my exercise better. Other than that, I can't see how small amounts could hurt a weight loss regime ... except for the dreaded Munchies of course.
  • michellel313
    michellel313 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Haha yes!! It is definitely possible but its hard to say no to those sweet treats when you get the munchies!! But as someone else said, it really is all about willpower! ;)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can lose weight while smoking weed if that's your question.

Unless of course it's causing you to eat at a calorie surplus.

Then you might have to knock it off.
  • CoCoFitnessSucess
    Options
    I lost weight back in high school but as a adult the munchies kick in
  • CoCoFitnessSucess
    Options
    That was funny lol... I like that
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    A long time ago in a galaxy called the nineties...it was either weed and beer or food...i chose weed and beer and lost weight.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Snoop dog is pretty skinny.
This discussion has been closed.