Losing weight and Weed

Options

Replies

• winstonh
    Options
    Honestly...... I think "munchies" are a myth. This is just my opinion. I think people just get told that you get the "munchies" when you smoke, and because of that, they go into it with the mindset that they are going to pig out and then use it as an excuse to do so. I NEVER had the "munchies". I never gained weight from it. I never tried losing either, so I can't give my opinion on that. Just change the way you think it affects you, and most likely, it will change the way it "affects" you.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree. Although, now that I've quit cigarettes, I have had worse munchies than weed ever gave me.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was at a lower weight when I smoked. I stopped almost a year ago and am very glad I did. However, at that time, smoking made me too lazy to go to the kitchen and make/eat food. Also, after I quit, I simply switched my vice to alcohol.. which unfortunately, is highly caloric. :(
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I want to ADD everyone on here to my Friends list !!!!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Snoop dog is pretty skinny.

end thread.
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i only smoke weed while drinking, I don't get munchies but it makes me want to drink more so I'm getting a lot of useless calories.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    soo what youre asking is if you get high, get the munchies, eat, forget what you just did, then don't count those calories, so it never really happened, youll lose weight. ok.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A long time ago in a galaxy called the nineties...it was either weed and beer or food...i chose weed and beer and lost weight.

Weed, beer, AND food pleeease! Oh wait........ is the point of this site to lose weight? fu--
  • NDavila75
    NDavila75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have & am now. I don't get "munchies" anymore, as I use for relief from pain and neuropathy. I guess it matters how you are using. My weight loss downfalls have never been due to this... I think this is specific to each person.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Very possible. Just requires a lot more self control!! When I did smoke and was losing weight I would make sure and do my work out B4.. Smoking makes me procrastinate.. Get a "game plan" and stick to it and you'll be fine!! :)
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    soo what youre asking is if you get high, get the munchies, eat, forget what you just did, then don't count those calories, so it never really happened, youll lose weight. ok.

sounds legit
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love this.

Giggle!! >_<
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    So is Willie Nelson
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    In the past, yes. It rarely gave me the munchies, and being high always stimulated me to do things do things do things. My house was never so clean as then.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, but has anyone lost weight while smoking weed? If so, did you reach your goal?? Why or why not?
    And were you able to keep it off after you reached your goals. I only want to hear from people who are open minded.

Thank you :)

I'm currently losing weight and I smoke everyday. If I get the munchies I drink water or eat a healthy snack with little calories like celery.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not the munchies... but the sweet drinks. I think I drank about 10 000 liters of pear juice and hot chocolate in my twenties.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i blaze that shib every day
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I never stopped during my weight loss phase. seriously my 50 came while I was smoking. I did binge and get the munchies but that didn't stop me from always working out
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I vape everyday... I typically get cottonmouth pretty bad and drink a ton of water. Also, I've noticed that when I'm high I get grossed out by anything that's processed, and gravitate more towards healthy, wholesome foods.

It's different for everyone, but it helps me out a lot in being more aware of how my body is feeling as a result of my diet and exercise. Sometimes I vape before a gentle yoga class for ultimate relaxation or before I go out for a hike on a beautiful day. I have friends who smoke as their pre-workout or post-workout routine. Find what works for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    brucewillisdoubletake.gif
This discussion has been closed.