30 day shred problems

Options
I am doing the 30day shred which is a mix of cardio, strength and abs. It states that it can heels you lose 20lbs in 30days! Though when you split the cardio n strength exercises it doesn't seem like you're burning a lot of calories! Anyone had great success on the 30day shred?x

Replies

• naomibabes3
    Options
    I did 30DS every day for 30 days and lost 9.5lbs in that time, I was eating 1300 cals at the time. I loved it, it really changed my body shape and helped me get my fitness levels up. My stamina is so much better for doing it and I definitely felt stronger. I only wish I'd taken my measurements so I knew what I'd lost in inches. 20 minutes of exercise every day is never going to be a bad things so it's worth doing, I've just taken up running and I don't think I'd be doing that now if I hadn't done 30DS! Plus I use a lot of the exercises I learnt from Jillian on my days between running i.e. strength and ab moves. Hope that helps!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't know how far into it you are, but apparently there is a diet plan to go along with this. You need to follow that as well (according to Jillian where she mentions seeing abs in level 3 if your following the diet plan).
    I am doing 30 day shred 3 times a week, along with zumba for wii. I am not following her plan, and I haven't lost 20 pounds. So far 12 in about 8 weeks.

Most people lose inches more than weight doing this. Which is what really matters when fitting into your clothing.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I haven't finished the program completely but I did start seeing results and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks using this program. So far its working out great and I also recommend her Body Revolution plan.
  • rarara81
    Options
    Hi ..i have got this DVD and can never get past day 2 as it hurts so much, but u have inspired me to start this agin tonight so here i go!! x
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit causes weight loss - no matter how you obtain the deficit (exercise, diet, a combintation of the two). 30DS is a good workout, but there is nothing "magic" about it that will result in more weight loss....except that it helps you create a calorie deficit.

20lbs in 30 days is a pretty unrealistic expectation, unless you have a lot of weight to lose. Even then, you should probably be aiming for 2lbs a week at most. A slower rate of loss helps prevent muscle loss.

Good job finding an exercise program/dvd that you enjoy and can stick with! That's the most important part of exercise - consistency. :smile:
  • lexie_hamil
    Options
    I started it n done a week of it. Stopped because I was away from home n forgot to take my DVD with me! it was sore (abs n flats area) though I felt it was a good sore!
    Good luck! :D x
  • lexie_hamil
    Options
    I was wondering how you could possibly lose that amount of weight! I don't generally go by scales mainly the fit of my clothes! mtg aim is for a dress size rather then a set weight! everybody is different!
    Thank you! :) x