TDEE - What level am I at?

Options
I have my activity level at the desk job level. A typical week includes attending 2 college classes (includes some study time), light housework, home cooking, watching Netflix, playing and taking care of a 8, 7, and almost 2 year old, walking (distance depends on weather), I try to get my 10,000 steps in everyday (pacing in the house). I walk around if I use my iPad.

So what do you think my MFP activity level is?

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I would say active. Try it for a while and if you're not liking the results, you could bump it down to lightly active. It sometimes takes a little while to dial-in your settings.
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would 100% say to set it at sedentary. With a desk job (like I have as well) no matter how much running in place I squeeze in It is still not as much as say a waitress at a busy cafe or a coach or something. Set it at sedentary, then if you exercise, eat the workout calories back :)
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This calculator has you put down how many minutes per day you sleep, exercise, work at a desk, clean house etc so really takes in all the variables...

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sedentary for sure. Pacing the house isn't really exercise and wouldn't require extra calories.