Good stretching DVD?

Options
I am looking for recommendations for a DVD. Yoga I guess, I already have Yoga XT, Yoga X (p90x) and jilliam michaels yoga meltdown. Looking for something a little less intense that will help me with flexibility, but I don't want it to be to hippyish for want of a better word. I don't want to connect to the earth or whatever, I just want to stretch. Any recommendations?

Replies

• deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Actually - I found some good routines on YouTube that were strictly stretching - no yoga etc.

That really helped me when I was doing 30 day shred cause Jillian's stretches are WAY to short!!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have recommendations, but I do have the same want. At one time I took a class that was JUST stretching and it was great. Sadly it is no longer available to me. I hope you get some good suggestions.
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    I agree wit the early post that youtube may be the place to go. Tried looking today myself for a video and ultimately led to youtube clips. Kinda tough to do follow a workout in my office or off a tiny laptop screen but as far as dvds it seems to be all yoga.
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tamilee Webb makes a good one called Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch. It's classified as "athletic stretch" so it's not yoga. I got mine at collagevideo.com
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for that everyone, will have a good look at youtube tonight :)
    would prefer a DVD though if anyone else has any suggestions
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Tamilee Webb makes a good one called Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch. It's classified as "athletic stretch" so it's not yoga. I got mine at collagevideo.com
    Cheers sounds great will look into it
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's old I know but I LOVE the Windsor Pilates 20minute workout, I injured my knees and lost all flexibility and had a sore back (horseriding accident, they all good now though) but this helped HEAPS, While you do the DVD it won't feel like much but the next day you can feel it lol, not super sore like the 30Day Shred (which i'm doing at the moment) but sore so you know you had a good workout.
    After about 2 weeks of doing it I went from doing the beginner easy exercises for unflexable people to the more advanced one's and just kept getting better, stronger and more flexible, it reallty works your core aswell,

Because it doesn't burn a whole heap of calories or anything though i'd recommend doing another exercise a few times a week aswell
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I dont know what kind of stretching you want to do, but doyogawithme.com has a variety of stretching videos for things like runner, specifically, shoulders, legs, etc
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I agree, collagevideo is the place to look
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can recommend one that is has gorgeous cinematography and is not earthy/hippyish.
    The instruction is so fantastic and is stretching/breathing oriented, not spiritual or whatever.
    It's Kathy Smith New Yoga series. There are three and I like the intermediate one...it's so awesome, I never tire of it.
    Here's the one I use most, although I have all three... http://www.amazon.com/Kathy-Smith-New-Yoga-Intermediate/dp/B00005QW4J/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361925238&sr=1-3&keywords=kathy+smith+new+yoga
  • Melorajones
    Options
    Hi! It's only available in a program. But the 40 minute stretch in the Turbofire series is great. I substitute it for yoga x since its easier an shorter
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Lots of great ideas thanks. I already do lifting, walking and occasional HIIT so its just something I want to add in once or twice a week. Going to look into all the ideas
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Hi! It's only available in a program. But the 40 minute stretch in the Turbofire series is great. I substitute it for yoga x since its easier an shorter
    I actually already have turbofire, but I got it so long ago and I only ever use it for HIIT so didn't realise there was a stretching portion! I have already done some yoga today, so just gave stretch 10 a go and its exactly what I am looking for :D looking forward to doing the longer one, but a 10 minute one means I can do it every day as well :D
    I'm still going to get some of the other ones suggested for the sake of variety though