Nervous about getting closer to my goal

Options
So this is the first time I have ever really tried to lose weight, and it is working really well. But now since I am almost halfway to my goal I am starting to get a bit nervous. So to everyone here who hit their goal, how do you stay there? Is it weird that I am a bit freaked out over almost being at my goal?

Replies

• wildehare
    wildehare Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been nearly at my goal over and over many times. All of a sudden I begin to overeat uncontrollably again. I finally got professional help and determined that I was undermining myself. Something in my past caused the problem that I have never been able to deal with openly. If you find yourself on this path, get help. Don't waste years yo yo dieting like I did. You are doing great so far and make sure you are losing for yourself and not some other unattainable reason. Good luck and happy dieting! Keep up the good work and love yourself no matter who you are or what anyone has done to you......
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have been maintaining for 4 months and this is harder to me than losing. There is no more thrill of the number on the scale dropping!!! Once I found the number of calories/exercise I could do to maintain, I realize the amount of food is not that much and there is alot of exercise. At first, I was depressed but... I now look at the number on the scale NOT MOVING as a success.

I have to weigh myself every day and log food and exercise. If I binge (it happens), I feel like crap for a few days and usually gain for a week or so but... I get right back on track and take control. I realize it is for life, not just the time it took to lose.