Supplement Suggestions ??

Options
Anyone have any supplement suggestions? 39, almost 40 -- been religious for the last couple of months with workouts and watching what I eat. Anyone have any suggestions on supplements, or a cleanse to help boost my efforts? Inches are coming off, weight is just taking so long!!??:happy:

Replies

• moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Well pretty much everyone should take a multi vitamin, and fish oil. Most would benefit from additional vitamin-D.

If you work out hard daily there is evidence of glutamine, creatine, magnesium, and BCAAs being useful.

Natural anti inflammatory supplementation is also worth consideration
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Inches coming off but weight ins't as fast, and the issue is?

And ephedrine
  • Acg67
    Options

lolololololololololololololol
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Really? I hope that was a joke..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Are you having trouble meeting your protein requirements? Get some protein powder.
    Are you deficient in some vitamins? Supplement those vitamins. Or take a multi as insurance against micronutrient deficiencies
    Fish oil is a good idea for omega 3's. And it seems to fight DOMs and give a feeling of well-being.
    Looking to maximize strength gains? Creatine may help.

But if you're looking for magic weight loss potion, I advise you to grow up. Sorry, there is no easter bunny.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There is really no supplement that will help with weight loss. Vitamins, fish oil, protein powder can all help "supplement" what you may have trouble getting from your diet though.
  • jennhupke
    Options
    I think the protein supplement, and Vitamin D may help. I try to watch every carb not from a vegetable that goes in my body -- in inches I am down 18 in 8 weeks, but only 9 pounds. I have down a complete overhaul on my diet, and don't understand. I have a note about white bean extract, anyone have any experience?
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options

This from someone who suggested ephedrine.
  • Acg67
    Options

This from someone who suggested ephedrine.

You mean a supplement that has a a bunch of research supporting it's use for weight loss vs shakeology that has zero?