Friends and Gluten free

Options
After being MIA for 3 months on here I am back. Looking for possible buddies who are following a gluten free diet. Just starting this process of going gluten free/dairy free on the recomendation from my nutritionist since I show signs of gluten sensitivity (as well as dairy). It's a bit overwhelming!

Replies

• Huggenkiss27
    Options
    I'm gluten free due to Celiac. Feel free to add me if you want ideas from my food diary. I was dairy free for a few months but recently have started eating yogurt and cheese again.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When my parents and I cook for church lunch or dinner, we always try to find a few gluten free alternatives because we have quite a few who need it in our congragation. A big one to remember is premixed seasonings like the kind for taco meat. They actually have a lot of gluten in them. It you are cooking, always do the seasonings yourself like cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and whatnot. Also, if you cut out the premixed ones you skip a lot of hidden MSG too.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi -

I'm gluten free as I definitely have sensitivity issues and most dairy as well. I eat of more "Primal" foods which I talk about in my profile and why I do this.

Send a friend request if you think we are a good match :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't eat gluten and avoid dairy for the most part--I do eat a bit of yogurt once in a while, but it catches up with me. I'm learning the hard way!

I eat a paleo/primal diet and I eat low carb. I keep my diary open for friends to look through, and have been tracking regularly for the past month or so.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I saw this post as "Kittens and Gluten free".... I have no idea why.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You can add me. I am dairy free and gluten free.
  • onfiresis
    onfiresis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i have been gluten free for the last week and would love new friends to go long term with it.
  • amber32707
    amber32707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free. I'm thinking about giving up dairy and refined sugar next. I'm going for some allergy testing soon. Feel free to add me!