Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling less hungry?

Lately I don't feel as hungry as I should for some reason.
Like today, I cooked this big *kitten* meal, added it to my diary, and for the past hour and a half I've been trying to work through it.
It tastes freaking amazing, but I just can't finish it.
Even after I finish this meal, I'll still have a bit over 500 calories that I'll have to eat back.
I'm already at a calorie deficit, and I don't want to eat under that.
I've noticed that I'm less hungry on the days that I do a decent amount of cardio. On the days that I don't, I just want to snack all day long.
Shouldn't exercising make you ravenous?
I've recently went from a long vegetarian to pescetarian, and since I now have a whole new food group to experiment with, I've been adding a lot of fish and shrimps to my diet. So maybe the seafood is more filling?
Weirdness.
Lately I've been eating frozen yogurt to catch up to my "free" calories, but that can't be too good either.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Actually it's weird how similar of a boat we are in.
    I just switched to pescetarian this month after seven years of being a vegetarian, for the protein. I love it; it makes protein so much more accessible with less calories to go with it. I think it can fill you up faster, because your body is getting more of what it needs you aren't left with cravings as much maybe?

On days that I work out, I am less hungry also. I think part of it is this attitude of "I worked too hard today to ruin it by eating" along with being proud of finally sticking to a workout routine and not wanting to mess that up. Being proud of myself = less emotional eating = not thinking I am hungry when I'm not as much as before.

So I think it's mental for me, might or might not be for you. =]
  • Nice! I feel like a kid in a candy store because of all the new food. I can only eat white fish, shrimps, crab sticks and scallops though. My body can't get used to any other type of fish.
    Yeah, the protein thing is great, although now looking at my nutrient details on this app, it says that I'm getting too much protein.
    I'm not sure if it's a mental thing for me, when I'm working out I'm thinking of all this great food that I could eat because of the burned calories :)
    Maybe my subconscious is messing with me - " you're supposed to lose weight you b***h, what are you doing stuffing your face with food? No food for you!"
    I had a couple of friends with eating disorders, and I'm slightly paranoid that I might somehow get one too. It's easy to start thinking that if you cut out a little bit more calories you will get skinny faster. Got to the point where a friend was eating half a grapefruit and a chocolate bar a day. She wasn't hungry either.
    That's why I'm eating back most of my calories.
    Now I sound like a bad after school special... Sorry
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    No it's fine, def try to get at least 1200. I get 1600 a day and don't eat back exercise calories, so far it works and I don't feel starved ever.

OH I forgot about scallops! Gonna have to go get some of those pronto.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    If you're not hungry anymore, stop eating. Simple.

Theres no reason to ignore your body's fullness signals & force feed yourself in order to achieve some calorie goal.