Zumba

Options
daimy
daimy Posts: 11 Member
Going to try zumba. I love dancing so how hard can it be? Hoping to burn lots of calories!!! Which DVDs do u all reccomend?
Thx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Always_lil_j
    Options
    Zumba is soooo much fun.....I went to a 2 hr Zumbathon on sat to raise money for autism....It was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • maryfern2
    maryfern2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the DVDs but I've been going to Zumba for 5 months now and it's still so much fun. A lot depends on the instructor as to how fun it is, how many calories you burn and whether you'll keep coming back. If you're not sure you like it at first try a different class. Have fun!!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba class!!! Don't know how the DVDs would work for me though, I like the class environment - we all make eachother work harder!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As far as I know the only Zumba dvds that exist are through their official website. That's where I got mine. I love them.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have the official dvds but nothing is as good as Zumba Group classes! I love them and it helps to see everyone so into it because its like a party :bigsmile: Awesome choice of workout though!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The Zumba Cardio is a lot of fun.....Thats the one I started with last week....I like Zumba....and it makes you sweat alot.....so you know you are getting an awesome workout
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I love my zumba classes that I go to, but I'm thinking about getting the dvd's for when I want to workout and there's no class being offered. Zumba has ruined me for the treadmill/eliptical... they just seem so boring to me now.
  • daimy
    daimy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I see.... zumba fitness/ zumba.com seems to be the one. It's harder for me to get to the gym right now cause of my baby. Which is why i'm going with the dvds (for now). Besides, I think I would be a bit scared of walking into a class where people already know the steps to the dances. i am hispanic but do not know how to dance Salsa, Merengue, etc... don't want to feel silly... LOL!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Well all this talk about Zumba made me find a class myself. I did some searching on the DVD's and they're kind of expensive. The class I found was $6.50, and it's an hour on Saturday morning. So I think I'll try the class rather than investing in the DVD's. I can't dance worth a poo, and I kinda have a complex about people watching me try to dance....so this will be a challenge for me. BUT, I'm working toward a new me, so I am going to face my fears and maybe learn a few moves so I don't look like a complete tool if I go out. LOL!! :laugh:

Once again, thanks for the motivation and inspiration friends!
  • STAYNFOCUS
    Options
    I have the dvds. Ordered off the internet. LOVE THEM!! I exercise at home comfortably. No worries about how I look. Do want to try a live class though. Have a friend who orderd frm the toll free numbr on the info-mercial that included a workout plan to loose a dress or pant size in 10 days as well as a couple other workout plans and a meal plan. Do what works for you.