Carbohydrate and Fat suggestions

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals
I have a few questions that I thought some of you may have some good advice on..

I am consistently low on my fat and carbohydrate daily allowance but over on my protein. Do you have any suggestions on how I can increase these while decreasing protein? And what healthy foods I may be able to add to my daily intake to increase my carbohydrate and fat counts.

xx

Replies

• WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You must be the one person who has a hard time filling up their carbs :) First on protein, don't worry if you are a little over. As far as fats go, I too am usually low on fats so I just use creamy peanut butter. I will put it in a protein shake or on whole wheat bread. It has high fat content but it is filled with the "good" fats. For carbs I really prefer sweet potatoes, or brown rice. They are easy, carb dense foods that will digest slower than other carbs and help keep you full, at the same time their protein content is also smaller so you won't need to worry about adding to your already high protein count. Another good source (I mean good carb wise and tasting) are Quaker rice cakes. I love the white cheese ones, or I will use the lightly salted ones and spread peanut butter on them. You can get your fats and carbs there with minimal protein. I hope that helps, good luck!
  • jbelinf
    Options
    try quinoa for carbs increase. You can research it on this site, buts its a fantastic source of healthy carbohydrates. Non-fat Greek yogurt with unsalted almonds is a fantastic source of healthy fats and protein and carbohydrates. Add fresh fruit to it, using fruit higher in fiber, like strawberries and blueberries, not bananas, have more fiber, ensuring a slower burn of carbs and minimizing increase in fats from over eating. It will add more carbohydrates. All of these are low choices on the glycemic index with favorable glycemic loads as well.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    HI add some coconut oil to your shakes . I add it to my shakes i cook with it i eat it off the spoon and i put it on my bread instead of butter i put it on rice hmmmm i put it on everything and it such a GOOD fat. Try adding Avocado to salads or mash it up and add sea salt and spread it on a organic sprouted wrap