NSV...when other people at the gym notice how hard you work!

Options
On two separate occasions in the past week, I've had two fellow gym members (who I've seen frequently for the past year but never spoken to) tell me that I look fantastic and asked me how much weight I've lost. Both times I was like, wow can you really tell, and both guys said it's really noticeable! One even said it's impressive how much I run and work out and that I'm there "all the time" !! It's one thing when friends and family notice, but I think it's so cool that semi-strangers can tell and want to congratulate me, even when I can't see a difference sometimes! :)

And, I started a weight loss challenge at the gym today (which I won last year!!) and now I'm even more excited to reach my goals soon...20 pounds to go! :)

Replies

• aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing this week. The lady who checks me into the gym everyday says you are really looking great! It felt great!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    It's a great feeling! The other day one of the gym employees told me she was proud of me. :) She's been watching me learn to run and gradually get better and better. Now I'm signed up for one of the same races she's doing!
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratz :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's the best, congratulations!

Good luck on the competition! I won one a couple years ago and received my gym membership free for a year!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing feeling. Congratulations!!
  • mitsukai424
    mitsukai424 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What fabulous compliments! Congrats to you!
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I recently had this same thing happen to me.

I think the best feeling was when the instructor for the class I always do pulled me aside a few weeks ago and told me I look amazing and she is so proud of me and then a week later this really b*chy woman that thinks she owns the gym came up and asked me if I'd lost weight because i was looking really good lately.

And just random people who you see there a lot but you don't know come up and say how good you're looking a friend of a friend said she didn't even recognize me and apologized for snubbing me last time she saw me.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - I love reading about your successes. Just think - those are the people who noticed and had the guts to come up to you! Which means there must be many more thinking the same thing, but not saying it.
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks! it's always so nice when you realize the hard work you put in pays off :)
  • Congrats! Those are the best compliments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!