PLEASE tell me...

Options
Please tell me that women gain weight during their monthly! I gained 4 pounds. Can this be true?

Replies

• dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Absolutely. 3-4 is actually pretty typical. I don't weigh my self that week anymore. Drink lots of water! It will go away!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    You are right, you do gain but it's not fat. It's water. One pound is 3,500 calories so you would have had to actually overeaten by 14,000 calories to gain 4 lbs of fat -highly unlikely
  • SHAMEKALACHELLE
    SHAMEKALACHELLE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WATER WEIGHT AND BLOATING--yes, happens to me. Drink extera water to help release some of the extra retention that goes on. You'll be fine next week.
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    I usually don't weigh myself until a week AFTER. Darn water weight!:grumble:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!! :mad:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    yup, sorry, water gain. I go up a cup size too. Feels great a week later when you feel tiny.
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always bloat and retain water that time of the month. Luckily it goes away a few days after I stop!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! :happy: It's water weight, don't worry. If you get cramps, try exercising quite a bit and drink lots of water. That always helps me feel better when TOM comes.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You are normal no worries! lol

Stupid TOM, we all suffer soo much! lol
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Ditto SammyLynn010! Darn water weight!:grumble: But I've learned that water water water is the key! Drink up:drinker:
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    If only men would have to go through that, life would be sweet.... it will go away, I used to swear by Midol and lots of water.
  • SherryJ
    SherryJ Posts: 10
    Options
    I just went through that last week. I gained over 3 lbs and was so upset. But it did go away. When I weighed myself yesterday it was gone. That's for the advice about the water ladies. I will make sure to do that next time. But, I think I'm going to skip weigh ins on that week from now on so I can keep my sanity. Seeing those numbers go up drives me crazy! LOL!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try to reframe from weighing myself this week. :blushing: