I never meet my calories

Options
I log everything I eat all day but I never seem to meet my calories. I eat healthy foods and try my best to make good choices. I never seem to eat all my calories though. I am just starting out and I need to lose about 100 pounds or so. Ho is going to affect me not eating all my daily calories??

Replies

• Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you eat enough protein, vegetables and fruit you're good to go as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't have a deficit of more than 400 hundred though, but if you do and you're not hungry, don't worry. You're supplying your body food, just not the food its used to :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat in an average day?
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options

Just what I was about to ask. Without knowing your daily allowance, BMR and TDEE I can't give you advice..
  • graciesmomma0209
    graciesmomma0209 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

MFP has my calories at 1850 a day. I usually average around 1300-1500. Before I started this I ate what I want when I wanted and probably ate at least 2500-3000 calories a day.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what your BMR and calories are....advice given is worthless.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Those numbers sound good to me- the ones MFP set for you (but I cannot be sure, of course).

If you have trouble with the last 300 calories, eat a handful of nuts or peanut butter toast. Ta-Da! 300 calories.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    As long as your calorie intake is not under 1200 on any given day, you should be absolutely fine. However, the caloric amount that the website has given you is your best bet for a reason and you may not lose weight at all if you stray too far from that number. That being said, leaving a few hundred calories at the end of the day is not going to hurt you badly. I would say, however, that if you're going consistently quite a bit under, that you should give yourself a cheat day every weekend where you go significantly over so that you can keep your metabolism guessing.
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Definately don't go below 1500 because then you are ripping yourself off basically. Your weight will probably fall off at this level very very fast. But I would customize your calories to your needs so at the end of the day you feel like you achieved your personal goals. Good luck. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are being too strict on what your consider "healthy" food? If you gained on 3000 and have only lost 9 pounds after eating 1500 or less since July, then I would bet that you restricted your diet too much and since then your metabolism and hormone levels have gone too low.

The easiest way to add calories without volume is by increasing your fat intake. If you have been doing this since July, then you might want to consider a metabolism reset by eating at maintenance for about 6 weeks, then gradually lowering your calories by 100/week until you get to a 500 calorie deficit. Then stay there for another 6 weeks.